A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

hendy

Feb 20, 2008
West Yorkshire
Dear Sylvia
Happy Birthday Dhiren!What a lovely day you have both had! And you both deserve it. Dhiren looked marvellous in your picture. The sun was definately shining on you both.
take care
hendy

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
What a lovely picture of the Birthday Boy you posted on the 26th Sylvia,
I hope you are having a good weekend (or at least "good in parts" like the proverbial Curate's egg).

Love

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks Lynne.

We are both so tired, it`s unreal. I have just woken and Dhiren is still asleep, although he`s been up had a shave and is back in bed.

We went out yesterday, as usual to the seaside, and he was so confused. Asked if our hotel would be making our evening meal, how much longer we would be staying and how much the hotel was costing. He was relieved to be told we live here, we weren`t on holiday in a hotel but in our own home. He remaained puzzled for the rest of the day.

Love xx

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Morning Sylvia,

Tiredness seems to go with the territory...

Do you think it's the being on call 24/7...watching what you say, helping Dhiren to try to understand? I find it's a mental and emotional tiredness rather than physical.

And Eric is permanently tired....his lethargy has increased quite rapidly recently.

Take it easy....:)

Love gigi xx

andrear

Feb 13, 2008
Yorkshire
Tiredness

I have never felt so tired in all my life. Yes, I've always liked a good sleep, but when I get home from mum and dads, I find that many a time I just seem to drop off!!
Dad goes round like someone who's got loads of energy, and then suddenly he'll sit down and just sleeps, and sleeps. Then wakes up and off he goes again.
Love to you all
AndreaX

ROSEANN

Oct 1, 2006
staffordshire
Hi Slyvia
Like you and I am sure many others I am tired all the time and sometime I just drop off in the afternoon.
As for Dhiren`s confusion I think both our husbands seem about the same. My husband is convinced that our son-in-law is in hospital following an accident and keeps asking how he is and even after son-in-law rang him to say he was okay he still thinks he`s in hospital.
It`s certainly a strange world they live in and a very frighting one.
Love Roseann

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Take heart Sylvia. At least he still knows Broadstairs - or does he.

How hard it must be for them to try to make sense of their muddled minds. Stay strong sweetheart.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks Connie.

He`s lost the tennis and now he`s lost the football.
He is constantly checking where we are and last night said he doesn`t want me to go out by myself in case I decide to leave him.

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Oh Sylvia, what a sad, sorry situation.

I know that this phase will pass, but he must be feeling so troubled in his mind. You can only keep on doing what only you do best, reassuring him.

It is so sad when htey lose the ability/understanding to follow something that previously they 'hung on to'.

With Lionel it was certain programs , Inspector Morse, or films like Zulu. He absolutely loved Ken Dodd. So we had all these on video.

One day he turned and said........'this man isn't funny' - he had lost that ability to follow what was on the screen.

Do hope that the two of you can find some contentment in the coming days. Thinking of you.

andrear

Feb 13, 2008
Yorkshire
HI Sylvia
You sound so sad.
Dad stopped mum going out on her own quite some time ago. She felt totally trapped. Now she is unable to go anywhere on her own, yet when I take her out in the car even to visit the GP she says she feels a sense of freedom jsut to have the break away from dad.
Dad hasn't watched any of the tennis either or indeed hardly any TV although he insists on it going on from the minute he gets up to when he goes to bed. It drives mum mad.
Some days I see dad and think that I really would like to know just what is going on in his head, just to be able to understand better but I know that will never happen.
Sending you my love Sylvia
AndreaX

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you Andrea

Dhiren didn`t wake till 11am., and said he felt very weak.

I had to do some shopping and he was happy to let me go alone. While I was getting ready he kept checking to see whether or not I`d gone. I don`t think he would have made it.

I left him with two papers to read and was out less than an hour. He was OK. But as soon as I got home, asked if I needed to go out again.

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
Silvia, we are all fighting the same illness

I could not do a lot with Ron today.
He got up at 9am, had a coffee, and went back to bed.
Mum came round, I washed and set her hair. Ron woke up, showered him and gave him lunch.
About 1-30pm got Ron in the car, I had to take mum to the doctor's, then did a bit of shopping whilst waiting for mum.
Then to B & Q, needed paint for door's.

For the first time, at the door of B & Q got Ron in a wheelchair, and I pushed him round.
And, for the first time, he did not object:(
That is life.
each day the changes become obvious.
Barb XX

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
There are a lot of `firsts` aren`t they Barb. :(

I had a phone call this afternoon from the leader of the mental health team. There is a place or Dhiren at the Day Centre, from next Monday.

It has been suggested he goes just for coffee to begin with and gradually builds up to a full day. The team worker who accompanied the team leader will stay with Dhiren to begin with to make sure he has any support he needs.

If this works out as planned I will have no complaints.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you Connie

I have told him and he seems quite happy to go.

He asked if I`d go with him and I told him it was to help him meet different people and not be only with me. And we would be going to the relative`s support group together. He accepted that.

But when I told him he might be having trips out, he said he`d ask the driver if his wife could come too. :)

I`ll face that when the time comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.