Doctors call

Rosnpton

Mar 19, 2017
Northants
Hi
I'm glad you found out what they gave it to her for etc.
I had it for a couple of weeks several years ago when I had a severe shoulder injury and the physio couldn't get the joint to relax enough for them to do the necessary physio.it shows how attentive the staff are that in the short time she has been there, they were able to tell she wasn't comfortable and needed some help

Hopefully she will become more comfortable and if in less pain will be more able to be moved safely
Best wishes and hope the next visit goes well
Ros. X
Hi Ros,
Yeah she was brilliant, Carers have today gave her diazapam as she is going more n more rigid and wincing when they are changing her, I didn't have a clue what it was but thanks to all the wonderful people on here I do now.
The carers in care home have all been there since it opened and my aunt went there in 2014, they know my aunt and can tell when things are not right.
I've seen her after work and carers say it's much better changing her now so all is good.
Hugs Retta X

Rettaere

Sep 30, 2014
Liverpool
Hi
I'm glad you found out what they gave it to her for etc.
I had it for a couple of weeks several years ago when I had a severe shoulder injury and the physio couldn't get the joint to relax enough for them to do the necessary physio.it shows how attentive the staff are that in the short time she has been there, they were able to tell she wasn't comfortable and needed some help

Hopefully she will become more comfortable and if in less pain will be more able to be moved safely
Best wishes and hope the next visit goes well
Ros. X

Hi Ros,
Thanks, I am so happy with all the carers, they are all amazing with my aunt and that's one worry I don't have.
As long as my auntie is as pain free and comfortable as she can be I'm happy.
Hugs Retta X

Rettaere

Sep 30, 2014
Liverpool
My Auntie

My aunt is so amazing, been today and she is eating and drinking and I got a few smiles and a couple of words, I done a collage of photos for her and she stares at them when lying in bed, I chat and point out special ones, it's sad to think she is alone a lot of the time but I hope the photos bring back wonderful memories.
I am trying to take one day at a time.
Hugs Retta X

Rosnpton

Mar 19, 2017
Northants
Hi retain
Thinking of you and Hoping your aunt is still eating for you and you are able to enjoy the visits
Hugs
Ros x

Rettaere

Sep 30, 2014
Liverpool
Still doing good

Hi retain
Thinking of you and Hoping your aunt is still eating for you and you are able to enjoy the visits
Hugs
Ros x

Hi Ros,
My auntie is doing good, eating and drinking well,
On diazepam now but carers say it's helping not hurt her when changing her, get the odd smile and have been showing her all her photos.
Taking one day at a time and getting closer to my holiday with my dad but carers are amazing, There is so much I could write but would be here all night.
Thank you for caring and I hope all is good with you.
Hugs Retta XXX

Rosnpton

Mar 19, 2017
Northants
Hi Retta
we are used to people repeating themselves!!!
I'm so so- been off work since 28april with stress and anxiety following a couple of bad weeks when I had to keep leaving work with no notice to go to ch for mum etc,then had a bad day at work and a minor meltdown!
Currently on antidepressants since 31may and got to see gp.next week to see if they are helping before he will sign me fit to work
Saw mum sun.was in a horrid mood. Needed to be moved by wheelchair as won't try and walk with Zima now,and keeps falling/ sliding off edge of bed etc.
Tried to tell me was fine to go home as doesn't need any support and can manage everything in her own!!
Also told carer I'm stealing her money (brother and me cop deputies and money spent on her ch fees)
It's quite hard to motivate myself to bother to go when it is like that-unfortunatly because of her previous mental health issues and manipulative behaviours,it is hard to blame all the rants on the illness
I do hope you get to go away,your aunt sounds settled and well looked after
Hugs
Ros x
QUOTE=Rettaere;1419285]Hi again,
See I am losing plot, I've already told you about diazepam.
Hugs Retta XXX[/QUOTE]

Rettaere

Sep 30, 2014
Liverpool
Hi Retta
we are used to people repeating themselves!!!
I'm so so- been off work since 28april with stress and anxiety following a couple of bad weeks when I had to keep leaving work with no notice to go to ch for mum etc,then had a bad day at work and a minor meltdown!
Currently on antidepressants since 31may and got to see gp.next week to see if they are helping before he will sign me fit to work
Saw mum sun.was in a horrid mood. Needed to be moved by wheelchair as won't try and walk with Zima now,and keeps falling/ sliding off edge of bed etc.
Tried to tell me was fine to go home as doesn't need any support and can manage everything in her own!!
Also told carer I'm stealing her money (brother and me cop deputies and money spent on her ch fees)
It's quite hard to motivate myself to bother to go when it is like that-unfortunatly because of her previous mental health issues and manipulative behaviours,it is hard to blame all the rants on the illness
I do hope you get to go away,your aunt sounds settled and well looked after
Hugs
Ros x
QUOTE=Rettaere;1419285]Hi again,
See I am losing plot, I've already told you about diazepam.
Hugs Retta XXX
[/QUOTE]

Hi Ros,
Even though my aunt was placed in care home by social services and rapid response team and has never questioned it, even though went through the phase of packing and requested lifts home as her car wasn't where she left it.
I have seen and heard so much from residents in my aunts care home. About what your mum says about you stealing, it's all part of dementia, it's so unfair that these wonderful strong human beings go through this.Last year I was signed off by my doctor, I was off for 6 months, did bereavement councilling and cbt. Believe me it helped me a lot, people don't realise how much stress people who care go through, that is why I think every person who is a carer are wonderful and amazing people that don't get praised enough.
My aunt told everyone she went shopping, went opticians did everything for herself and hadn't moved outside care home.She told social worker that the coroner had sent letter saying it was a mistake and my uncle hadn't passed away and when asked where he was she replied " living at Bills"( which is my dad".
I know it's hard but you need to look after you too, make sure your health doesn't fail.
I am my aunts deputy and that is stressful in its self, if shampoo goes missing I panic thinking how can I get another so soon.
If you ever need to let off steam I'm here as I do understand what your going through even though she is just my aunt, I lost my wonderful amazing mum in 2013 and understand how you feel.
All dementia sufferers are different and I know I don't know what your mum was like before it but if just to chat I'm here even if I don't reply asap.
Be strong and Hugs
Retta XXX

Rosnpton

Mar 19, 2017
Northants
Thank you Retta x
Hi Ros,
Even though my aunt was placed in care home by social services and rapid response team and has never questioned it, even though went through the phase of packing and requested lifts home as her car wasn't where she left it.
I have seen and heard so much from residents in my aunts care home. About what your mum says about you stealing, it's all part of dementia, it's so unfair that these wonderful strong human beings go through this.Last year I was signed off by my doctor, I was off for 6 months, did bereavement councilling and cbt. Believe me it helped me a lot, people don't realise how much stress people who care go through, that is why I think every person who is a carer are wonderful and amazing people that don't get praised enough.
My aunt told everyone she went shopping, went opticians did everything for herself and hadn't moved outside care home.She told social worker that the coroner had sent letter saying it was a mistake and my uncle hadn't passed away and when asked where he was she replied " living at Bills"( which is my dad".
I know it's hard but you need to look after you too, make sure your health doesn't fail.
I am my aunts deputy and that is stressful in its self, if shampoo goes missing I panic thinking how can I get another so soon.
If you ever need to let off steam I'm here as I do understand what your going through even though she is just my aunt, I lost my wonderful amazing mum in 2013 and understand how you feel.
All dementia sufferers are different and I know I don't know what your mum was like before it but if just to chat I'm here even if I don't reply asap.
Be strong and Hugs
Retta XXX[/QUOTE]

Rettaere

Sep 30, 2014
Liverpool
12 Days Before Holidays

Hi Everyone,
Well my two week holiday is drawing closer, I am taking a day at a time, my aunt is as good as she can be, she has even sat in lounge again this week.
I have discussed everything with carers in care home and upgraded my mobile package to unlimited calls so I can call when away.
But I am still struggling with how I can not make my dad's holiday good when knowing my auntie is near the end, how can I enjoy it when this is happening.
I myself was so looking forward to this too as it has been such a hard year with bereavement councelling and cbt councelling, even letter I wrote to my late mum I told her I have her love of Tenerife now and remember last holiday we shared before she passed away.
I feel torn, my dad lives for these two weeks.
Worried...
Hugs Retta XXX

Rosnpton

Mar 19, 2017
Northants
Hi Retta,
It will be good to get away- you need and deserve the holiday
As you say you've upgraded phone package so if anything happens the ch will be able to contact you.
I know it's hard,but why dont you try to call them just ONCE a day at the same time (between ch dinner and bed maybe?) for an update.
That way you can spend quality time with dad. You know if anything happens that the ch will call you ASAP.
Get some memories made,take pictures,try to unwind- just a little.
Are you counting down the days like when a kiddie!
2 weeks always seemed such a long wait before going,but once away,the time flew by.
Thinking of you packing!
Ros X

Rettaere

Sep 30, 2014
Liverpool
Hi Retta,
As you say you've upgraded phone package so if anything happens the ch will be able to contact you.
I know it's hard,but why dont you try to call them just ONCE a day at the same time (between ch dinner and bed maybe?) for an update.
That way you can spend quality time with dad. You know if anything happens that the ch will call you ASAP.
2 weeks always seemed such a long wait before going,but once away,the time flew by.
Thinking of you packing!
Ros X
Hi Ros,
My dad counts down from when I book which is when we return home from holiday, I know I can use my phone as I can at home. So all is good, thanks, haven't packed yet.
My dad lives for this holiday so I know what you mean.
Hugs Retta XXX
Hope all is ok your end x

Rosnpton

Mar 19, 2017
Northants
Hi Retta,
Hope all is on track for the holiday
With the current weather,you should have a tan before you get on the plane!
Will be thinking of you,
Best wishes
Ros x

Rettaere

Sep 30, 2014
Liverpool
Hi Retta,
Hope all is on track for the holiday
With the current weather,you should have a tan before you get on the plane!
Will be thinking of you,
Best wishes
Ros x

Hi Ros,
I was sick last week so couldn't visit my aunt, I have got someone who visits their dad in care home to pop in on my auntie while I am away, I have seen her this weekend and tonight, took all essential items and some goodies for her, I haven't really had chance to tan.. Boo, got an hour on Sunday in between cooking.
I am a lot less stressed as I've put everything sorted for my aunt, hope all is OK your side.Thanks for everything, I will pop on and let you know how everything is.
Hugs Retta XXX

awebdill

Jun 20, 2017
Hi Retta

I was just about to start my own thread, but then came across this post about you and your auntie and it sounds so similar to my situation...

I also received a call from my granny's doctor last night at 8pm. She has dementia (but no official diagnosis as she has been too drowsy to do the assessments) and has been in a nursing home for the past two months. She is deteriorating on a weekly basis mentally and physically. Three weeks ago we were able to take her out for lunch. Now she is stuck in bed and cannot do anything for herself. She is barely eating and drinking and she also has really bad bed sores / pressure ulcers that are pretty much down to the bone and so painful for her. She goes in and our of being sleepy and drowsy but can still hold a conversation.

The doctor called me to say they don't think she has long left - possibly weeks at best. I rang the nursing home after speaking to the doctor and they made it seem like the doctor was over reacting and that my granny isn't on deaths door and is generally 'okay' for her condition. I am just so confused....is she near the end or might she pull through!? I just do not know what to think and it is so stressful. I have lost my mum and grandfather in the space of six months and I am just desperate for my granny to be okay.

From experience, does anyone think it sounds like my granny is losing her battle with life?

Rettaere

Sep 30, 2014
Liverpool
Hi Retta,
Thinking of you packing!
Ros X

Hi Ros,
My Aunt waited until I got home and passed away peacefully within 6 hours of me getting home.
Hope all is OK.
Hugs Retta X

Rettaere

Sep 30, 2014
Liverpool
Hi Retta

I was just about to start my own thread, but then came across this post about you and your auntie and it sounds so similar to my situation...

I also received a call from my granny's doctor last night at 8pm. She has dementia (but no official diagnosis as she has been too drowsy to do the assessments) and has been in a nursing home for the past two months. She is deteriorating on a weekly basis mentally and physically. Three weeks ago we were able to take her out for lunch. Now she is stuck in bed and cannot do anything for herself. She is barely eating and drinking and she also has really bad bed sores / pressure ulcers that are pretty much down to the bone and so painful for her. She goes in and our of being sleepy and drowsy but can still hold a conversation.

The doctor called me to say they don't think she has long left - possibly weeks at best. I rang the nursing home after speaking to the doctor and they made it seem like the doctor was over reacting and that my granny isn't on deaths door and is generally 'okay' for her condition. I am just so confused....is she near the end or might she pull through!? I just do not know what to think and it is so stressful. I have lost my mum and grandfather in the space of six months and I am just desperate for my granny to be okay.

From experience, does anyone think it sounds like my granny is losing her battle with life?

Hi,
I am sorry and I know what you are going through, it's hard so hard but my aunt is at peace now.
Hugs Retta X

Rosnpton

Mar 19, 2017
Northants
So very sad for you,but auntie is at peace and you did everything possible whilst she was in her care home to show her just how much you loved her
Thinking of you
Ros

Hi,
I am sorry and I know what you are going through, it's hard so hard but my aunt is at peace now.
Hugs Retta X

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Sorry for your loss Retta. As you say, your aunt is now at peace, and you did everything you could for her while she was here. xx