Hello im new to TP.

Warren364

Jul 6, 2017
Brighton East Sussex
Good evening, I cared for my mother fo five and half years mum was diagnosed with Alzheimer's Dementia early 2012. I did everything for her which I was happy to do as I was able too. My mum was on quite a lot of medication including mementin for her dementia. Unfortunately it got to the stage, I couldn't even go shopping for fear of her extremely agitated and upset. Continually asked for her own mother who passed away in 1992. With a heavy heart I had to make a difficult decision of finding a care home for her. So mum's new home became a care home my mum could not walk without a Zimmer frame, and fell within the first 24 hours, walking unaided. On the way to the hospital I was praying she hadn't broken any bones but didn't think a cut on her forehead would have such an impact, she had a bleed on her brain. My beloved mother now didn't even know who I was, she held her own for another 14 month's and passed away peacefully in her sleep 22nd Oct 2016. I'm still broken hearted and feel totally alone I miss her so much.
Dementia is such a cruel disease, they say you never get over loosing a loved one but just learn to live with it. I still learning. Thank you Warren.

** I'm sorry i wanted to post this to introduce myself, but did it wrong. Once again sorry

Last edited:

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Good evening, I cared for my mother fo five and half years mum was diagnosed with Alzheimer's Dementia early 2012. I did everything for her which I was happy to do as I was able too. My mum was on quite a lot of medication including mementin for her dementia. Unfortunately it got to the stage, I couldn't even go shopping for fear of her extremely agitated and upset. Continually asked for her own mother who passed away in 1992. With a heavy heart I had to make a difficult decision of finding a care home for her. So mum's new home became a care home my mum could not walk without a Zimmer frame, and fell within the first 24 hours, walking unaided. On the way to the hospital I was praying she hadn't broken any bones but didn't think a cut on her forehead would have such an impact, she had a bleed on her brain. My beloved mother now didn't even know who I was, she held her own for another 14 month's and passed away peacefully in her sleep 22nd Oct 2016. I'm still broken hearted and feel totally alone I miss her so much.
Dementia is such a cruel disease, they say you never get over loosing a loved one but just learn to live with it. I still learning. Thank you Warren

Welcome to TP Warren,

I'm sorry to hear about your mum. Of course dad is still with me but his alzheimers is getting worse although his medication is slowing it down. You need to think that your mum is free now. My mum had heart trouble and I am thankful that she didn't endure months of pain. I also to think thank goodness she didn't have dementia but now that dad has dementia I am telling myself that he is not in pain.

MaNaAk

Warren364

Jul 6, 2017
Brighton East Sussex
Welcome to TP Warren,

I'm sorry to hear about your mum. Of course dad is still with me but his alzheimers is getting worse although his medication is slowing it down. You need to think that your mum is free now. My mum had heart trouble and I am thankful that she didn't endure months of pain. I also to think thank goodness she didn't have dementia but now that dad has dementia I am telling myself that he is not in pain.

MaNaAk

Thank you for your kind words the mean alot, In my heart I understand what you saying is very true she is at peace and also with my father. Wishing you all the very best for you and your Father. God Bless

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Thank you for your kind words the mean alot, In my heart I understand what you saying is very true she is at peace and also with my father. Wishing you all the very best for you and your Father. God Bless

Thankyou Warren!

Feel free to use Talking Point whenever you wish.

MaNaAk

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
Hello Warren364 and welcome to Talking Point.

You may have seen that a lot of us are former carers and have some understanding of how difficult it can be to adjust to life after caring. It is, as you say, a steep learning curve and I am still learning too.

Recent Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EileenSp