Low

Just me

Nov 17, 2013
So sorry you feel like that, I'm very sad today but it will pass. Is there anyone you could call and have a chat to?
Sending you a hug x

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
I'm glad you did come here
so sorry that you are feeling so low - there's always someone here to chat with, so do post and let us know how we can help

do talk to someone too - Samaritans are there all day every day to listen and support
116 123
http://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help-you/contact-us

and there are the wonderful folk on the AS helpline who have a wealth of experience and knowledge
0300 222 1122 or by email at helpline@alzheimers.org.uk.
•Helpline opening hours:
•Monday to Wednesday 9am – 8pm
•Thursday and Friday 9am – 5pm
•Saturday and Sunday 10am – 4pm

whatever is happening with you right now, there are members here who will have some similar experience to share with you - and all of us will read whatever you write and sympathise
so get a cuppa, settle yourself comfortably and get whatever it is off your chest ....
we're here and listening
best wishes

Last edited:

Katee

Sep 19, 2013
Glasgow
Googled painless suicide - but came here instead...... I feel so sad

Me too. Now in tears after reading your post. I'm on site because I've just posted a thread about my mum and I tried to keep emotion out of it and about how I am lucky if I get six hour sleep because I'm constantly worried and feel so sorry for them, I am also very angry with a lot of things and will do what I did a couple of years ago and stopped watching the news!

I get so down too with an ill husband... don't give up: Their are givers and nice people about. My parents both so ill and gave so much.

Don't feel isolated. I have only one genuine friend left who has been ill and she says I am the only person that's been constant through her illnesses. Forget the good-time-charlies. Please don't be alone - you are not. Love Katee

mab

Mar 6, 2010
Surrey
Miserable, you sound so lost.
Why are you talking of suicide? Are you caring for someone and finding it increasing hard to cope? If so, you came to the right place here on Talking Point.
Or is it something else that is bringing you down to that dark place? If so, then what Shedrech says is so right. Do call Samaritans on their Freephone number of 116 123.
We all need to offload/rant for so many reasons. Don't feel alone, share your thoughts.
xx

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex

Dear Miserable,

Please keep visiting Talking Point and let us know whether you are a carer or not. Before dad's diagnosis I used to get off to sleep very well but I would wake up in the small hours worrying. I am now much calmer after dad's diagnosis partly because I know I am doing my best for him.

Love and hugs

MaNaAk

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Hi Miserable,

I am sorry that things are so bad for you :( Please get whatever help you can - practical and emotional -and know that you can always come here to offload your worries (((hugs)))

theunknown

Apr 17, 2015
The thing is 'Miserable', life goes in cycles. The good times don't last forever, so why should the bad times? Suicide is a permanent solution to what is hopefully a temporary problem. I do understand, I've been where you are now. Also my son has mental health problems. The above is what I used to say to him.

father ted

Aug 16, 2010
London
So glad you found this site Miserable.

You see you are not the only one to feel like that. It does not take your misery away but you know you are not alone and like others have said it will pass. Let us know how you are feeling now.

Just me

Nov 17, 2013
Removed comments following post about contacting other members outside the forum

Last edited:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I understand how well meaning and sympathetic people are but please be aware of Talking Point`s recommendations for safety on line.

https://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/sho...bbreviations&p=1275482&viewfull=1#post1275482

Many TP members develop strong friendships with each other online, and from time to time some members may feel they wish to be in touch with their TP friends outside of the forum – be that via email, telephone or in person.

Please be cautious when contacting other members directly or giving other members your personal contact details.

It’s really important to build up relationships - and confidence about those relationships - with other members, before exchanging any personal contact information with them, or arranging to meet in person.

patsy56

Jan 14, 2015
Fife Scotland
don't hun, I know I have felt like that this week too, and I'm still here. No seriously you need to try and get some help. That is easier said than done, I should know, but this week what between flying ants, B trying a sheath cathater and me just not getting a decent break I wanted to end it too.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
don't hun, I know I have felt like that this week too, and I'm still here. No seriously you need to try and get some help. That is easier said than done, I should know, but this week what between flying ants, B trying a sheath cathater and me just not getting a decent break I wanted to end it too.

patsy56, I hope you are feeling better now?

billybw60

May 29, 2016

Am so sorry you feel this way but I can certainly empathise. It's hard reaching out to friends sometimes because unless they have been through this, they have no idea of what it is like. I've sometimes driven home from the care home thinking the same way you have, it is certainly not easy. Someone once said to me - this too will pass - and I just shrugged it off as a trite saying, but to be honest, it has helped me slightly. I keep on saying, this too will pass, this too will pass, when I get those low days and unhelpful thoughts.

Do you have anyone to talk to at home? Sounds silly, but as there's only me at home, I talk to my 2 cats!

Take care of yourself, and remember, you are not alone