A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m so impressed with the treatment I`ve had.

The audiologist was as frank as he could be. He was deaf himself and knowledgeable from a personal as well as professional perspective.

He observed I was lip reading more than I had realised and said although my low frequencies are very good, the high frequencies are non existent . It appears if this aid is to be any help at all it will be minimal and the result of trial and error and patience . In his words it will be challenging.

I am free to make an appointment any time I feel the need to consult or believe an adjustment to the aid will be helpful.

All I can say is full marks to the NHS .

I came out of the hospital and was immediately aware of people nearby having a conversation. I couldn`t identify what they were saying but at least I knew they were talking to each other. I`ve always said people can talk about me, behind my back but in my presence and I wouldn’t have a clue .

The same happened on the bus home, chatter, chatter, chatter. :)

When I got home my metal gate `clanked` open and `clanked` shut so something is working. I just need it to relate to speech but it`s not bad for the first day. :)

Thanks for your support.

PS. Because I live alone and don`t really talk a lot, unless I`m on the phone, I was advised to read aloud a little every day so I will be able to appreciate any changes in my voice.

Last edited:

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
That's excellent news Sylvia. I know you'll persevere and I hope you get used to it/them fairly quickly. Did you get one or for both ears?

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Only one ear Izzy. The other is beyond help.

Oh and I`ve been asked to keep a diary. Does it sound familiar? :)

Last edited:

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
That sounds a good start Sylvia and improvement in one ear would be great. I am sure you will meet the 'challenge' to the best of your ability and wish you luck.

Loo xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tarydew