A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Sylvia, I'm so sorry to hear of your fall. At least there don't seem to be any broken bones. A friend of mine took a tumble about 3 weeks ago and she broke 5 bones in her hand and wrist.

I have had a fear of falling down stairs since my twenties, ever since I fell down a flight of granite steps in a shopping mall in Montreal. One minute I was at the top and the next at the bottom. I really don't know what happened. I have been very careful with stairs ever since.

If things still hurt too much after a few days, make sure you see your doctor.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks again folks.

I have two sticks, one permanently by the bed. I needed a stick when my knee wouldn't weight bear but since I've been practising physio exercises daily, I haven't needed it. It wasn't the fault of my knee today, it was definitely an uneven surface.

I'm so relieved nothing was broken or that I fell on my knee. I did have osteoporosis but regular walking has reduced it to osteoprenia.

All in all I've been lucky. I think I'll live. :). Thanks again for such concern. Xx

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Oh dear Sylvia not a Pleasant experience, I hope you have taken some painkillers they may well help how you feel tomorrow.

You really should complain to the council, it's not until people to complain that anything ever gets done.

maryw

Nov 16, 2008
Surrey
Oh Sylvia!!! So sorry to read this. Aloe Vera is wonderful so keep on using it! The shock is the worst isn't it? Hope a good rest helps xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
So sorry to hear you fell. I hope the shock to your system passes quickly and that you don't look like you lost 5 rounds....:eek:

It's the embarrassment factor at the time that makes you feel worse. You want to say ( to the kindest of onlookers) "don't look, don't help, just leave me alone".... or at least that is how I feel.

Feel better soon.x.x.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Everything is well healed now so thanks folks for your concern.

Today I get a new hearing aid. I must try not to be negative about it. The last one I tried was in 2009 so I have some hope for an improvement.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Best of luck with it, Sylvia. William was already well along in his dementia before he got a hearing aid, and he couldn't cope with it at all. I think it was that he was just so used to not hearing higher tones, it was giving him a bit of sensory overload! And he couldn't put it in, take it out, turn it on or off. So he wore it a couple of times, and then refused to wear it any more!

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`ve been told because there has been no stimulation of the high frequencies since birth it is unlikely a hearing aid will help, but there`s nothing to lose by trying.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
It's severe high frequency loss I have in one ear but not since birth. Mine came on suddenly. It's interesting that lack of stimulation of the high frequencies might have an impact. Fingers crossed anyway.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It's severe high frequency loss I have in one ear but not since birth. Mine came on suddenly. It's interesting that lack of stimulation of the high frequencies might have an impact. Fingers crossed anyway.

Apparently there are small hairs in the inner ear which transmit the sound. If those hairs aren`t stimulated, and in my case have never been stimulated , they die.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks Lynne. I`m lucky I seem to heal well. :)

I`m off to meditation now. Hopefully it will help me stay calm before the trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan