Its too much

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Just to recap: 2 months ago mum (with Alz) fell, broke her hip and a few weeks later passed away. Then, just a few days before her funeral, my OH (with FTD) had a stroke.

Today, Ive just taken my elderly cat to the vets and she has cancer of the mouth.

father ted

Aug 16, 2010
London
Just read your post and could not leave the site without responding. I have no wise words of consolation. Life can be hard and cruel and sometimes when you want a glimmer of hope it kicks you in the teeth while you are down.
Please let us know how you are doing over the next few days and remember that all things must pass in time and a new day will come. Take care. X

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
What a terrible time you are having. I am so sorry. Life can deal you such knocks at times and it can be hard to pick yourself up. I hope that is the last such knock for the foreseeable future. Take care of yourself. x

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Aw Canary, I'm so very sorry! I can sympathise, because I had had three beloved cats, which William loved too. One died before he went to the nursing home. One died shortly after he went to the nursing home, and the last one died just a few months after William.
I know to many people, animals are just easily replaced, but they are such a comfort during hard times. They ask so little of us.

I too hope this will the last blow you suffer for a while. Sending you comforting hugs. (((.)))

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hi canary
it never rains but it pours
I hope your poor cat isn't in pain
keep posting here for support and sympathy - sending blankets of both to wrap yourself in
and you're still posting to support others - thank you
best wishes to you and OH

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
The vet is given her some anti-biotics, pain killers and steroids to reduce the inflammation just in case it is an abscess - but I heard the tone of doubt in his voice. I dont think he actually believes it and he used the "C" word, so Im pretty sure that is what it is. She is 17 years old, so pretty elderly and I wouldnt want to put her through surgery and chemo.

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Oh canary I know just how you feel about the cat. One of our elderly rabbits had a large cyst removed from his neck and it turned out to be a tumour :(. We're hoping it's not cancer. We didn't have it tested because, like you, don't want to put him through chemo.

Thinking of you and hoping your cat will be ok x

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Selinacroft

Oct 10, 2015
Hi Canary- I really feel for you. My Dad has been on his last legs for what seems like years and now my dog has been diagnosed with a heart murmer. I am stealing myself for the fact they may both go quite close together. Trying to stay positive and thinking it will be time for a new era. Doesn't make it any easier.

Tootsweet

Apr 16, 2017
Thinking of you canary. Life can be so cruel as times. X

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Well, today is my 60th birthday and I have spent a happy(!) day in A&E.
OH collapsed 4 times so I called an ambulance (even though he swore he was "fine" :rolleyes:) and he has been found to have low blood pressure - 86/60 - and they dont know why. He has been on a saline drip, but it doesnt seem to be doing very much.

Is this ever going to stop?

100 miles

Apr 16, 2015
Happy Birthday Canary.

I know it isn't. But I will send best birthday wishes anyway.

I have no idea what to suggest as a way of celebration. Mars bar from the hospital vending machine?

100 miles

father ted

Aug 16, 2010
London
Happy Birthday Canary, you won't get a chance to celebrate your time on this earth today but make a plan of what you will do when your husband is better/stable.

Sorry about the cat, cancer treatment for such an old and sick pussy is not really viable. We all reach a sell by date eventually and it looks like your cat has reached his/hers. Your lucky cat has had you as his/her companion for his/her time. I hope that soon things will get better for you.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Today my cat made her final visit to the vets.
The cancer was spreading and she was in pain and failing fast.

OH is OK BTW - doctors decided that it was due to heat. He is just a bit bruised where he collapsed.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BB2CAN