Rally?

Billy's Girl

Oct 8, 2013
West Yorkshire
After being advised that my husband would not survive the Easter period my husband is still here. He is eating small amounts of puréed food and drinking thickened drinks. He is also on morphine patches for pain from a dislocated hip. What I am finding strange is that he has gone from not having a bowel movement for days and days to having one every day. What could be causing this? He does open his eyes and I am sure he recognizes me but sleeps most of the time. He is very well cared for in the home. I just don't get this bowel movement scenario..

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
It could be a side affect of the morphine? Or it could be that the muscles are becoming more relaxed? Who knows. Maybe the doctors could give you some clue. Are you sure he isn't being given some sort of laxative, to keep him from becoming constipated, and uncomfortable?

Billy's Girl

Oct 8, 2013
West Yorkshire
It could be a side affect of the morphine? Or it could be that the muscles are becoming more relaxed? Who knows. Maybe the doctors could give you some clue. Are you sure he isn't being given some sort of laxative, to keep him from becoming constipated, and uncomfortable?

I'll ask when I visit today. There is no resident doctor so I'll ask the nurse on duty but the problem is they have so many agency nurses. The other day he didn't have his morphine patch on and the agency nurse couldn't tell me why. She did put one on eventually.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Classy@1951