My dear wife.

Caz60

Jul 24, 2014
Lancashire
Please accept my condolences and my thoughts are with you at this very sad and emotional time ,
Take care of yourself .xx

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
I am so sorry to read your news, please accept my sincere condolences.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Gringo I'm so sorry. I'm glad your wife is at peace. My heart goes out to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
such sad news Gringo
you took such loving care if your wife
please now go gently and take good care of yourself

Chemmy

Nov 7, 2011
Yorkshire
Oh gringo, such bittersweet news. I hope you will, in time, find some peace yourself. Your wife was so lucky to have you by her side.

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Gringo, so sorry to read about your dear wife. Your love and devotion shone through all your posts as did your despair and sadness at her suffering. She is at peace now and I wish you strength for the times ahead. Take care.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Talking Point mobile app

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Oh Gringo I am so very, very sorry. I so wish I had been wrong and that you could now share the peace that your dear wife has found. You both have suffered so much but she is now free from pain and I hope you can find some consolation in that fact to assuage your own.
The coming days will not be easy but please remember we are here for you if ever you feel the need for sharing. Sending sympathy and understanding at this sad time. x

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Dear Mike,

My heart was heavy with sorrow for you when I read your post; you have been steadfast in your care, and deep love, for your Wife throughout her long, long illness. You have experienced so much heartache and sorrow, but you kept visiting and holding your Wife's hand to help comfort her. To witness the terrible decline in someone you adore is horrendous-it would be so easy to walk away. But you steeled yourself and bravely carried on; that makes you a very special person and a terrific Husband.

Your wife is now at peace, and her pain and confusion is no more; but what of you my friend? I hope, in time, you will eventually find peace for yourself in this saddest of times.

To have given, and in turn received such love, that makes your long marriage very special; a partnership of two people who walked through life with a bond that even Dementia couldn't break.

Sending love, and my condolences, to you and your family.

Lyn T XX

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
I am very sad to read about your wife's passing. My sincere condolences to you. Don't forget there will be people here who understand. x

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Gringo your sad post brought me tears. My heartfelt sympathy to you on the loss of your dearly loved wife. You were a wonderful husband and carer to her.

This is a tremendously difficult time and I hope you will come to TP whenever you need. I don’t know how I would have managed the last eleven months without the depth of compassion, understanding and all that those so generously give, and continue to give.

This ultimate loss is like no other, and there are many losses throughout dementia. But I hope you can draw some comfort from your dear wife now being free of the suffering and at peace.

In my thoughts and heart, wishing you strength now through difficult times.

Loo xxx

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
I am so sorry gringo. Your wife was a lucky lady indeed to have you by her side.
Please take care of yourself now, however or whenever, it's always a shock.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Oh, I'm so, so, sorry Gringo! All her suffering is now done, and you have to face the final loss. My heart goes out to you, and I wish you strength and some comfort.

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
Dearest Mike, so sad to hear you have lost your darling wife.
Her struggle is over.

I wish you strength for all the days and nights without her.

I hope better memories replace the bitter memories and you catch a glimpse of the beautiful, strong, kind, thoughtful, loving young woman who captured your heart.

She was your sunshine, you were her moonlight.

Loads of love and sympathy my friend and your poor aching heart.XXX

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
I'm so sorry to read that your wife has died Gringo. My sincere condolences to you.