Had enough today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MollyD

Mar 27, 2016
Ireland
Hope your mum had a lovely Birthday, Marnie.

HillyBilly, well done! Good to hear you feel the interview went well. You sound right on top of it.

Rosy, great to hear you like the carer, your mum sounds relatively at ease with her too. Nice for you to get into the garden, even if only for a short time. Long may it last.

Lavender, how are things for you today?

Worrier, hope you and your dad are ok. X

HD hope the babasitting became less stressful.

LadyA, we're still having lovely weather once the wind behaves, though it's the wind itself that's keeping the rain at bay.

((((Hugs)))) jorgie x

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
Good evening everyone been a glorious day here but Mum has slept from 12.30pm all day just woke her to get her to bed where she has gone right off to sleep again so really Today only been awake 4 1/2 hours and only 1 slice of toast I will see if she will have another slice when she needs the loo later that seems to be something she might try to eat, toast with lots of butter and a little jam.
So with Mum asleep all day I've been indoors :(

Worrier do hope everything's going ok for you and your Dad xx

Lavender hoping it's been as calm as can be for you and your Mum has been feeling settled (is that possible)? I hope you've not been getting the dreaded phone Calls! xx

Jorgie, Mollyd, Marnie, HillyBilly, Harrys'd, LadyA hope you're all having a good evening . Off now to see who wins Mastercard on television xx

Marnie63

Dec 26, 2015
Hampshire
Marnie trampoline ????

Sent from my SM-G930F using Talking Point mobile app

Yes HD, those awful things that people put up in their back gardens. Of course they have every right to do so (bizarrely - ugly great things!), but some people have no consideration for their neighbours' privacy - did I chose to buy a house from which I can see teenagers bobbing up and down on a trampoline? No. I have some strategically planted trees (not easy, as we have a smallish garden), but it will take a few years for them to block the monster cage/net of this trampoline. So, that's why I one day need to live in a remote area - where no one can annoy me!!!

Trampoline rant over!

Marnie63

Dec 26, 2015
Hampshire
Thank you everyone for your kind wishes for mum's birthday. We had a lovely lunch and cake with my friend and her son on Sunday, and yesterday (mum's actual birthday) was a pretty good day. She seems a bit bemused by the birthday cards and flowers (does not understand what it's all about, sadly), but has been mostly calm, thank goodness. She still gets the 'terrors' as I call them, but they don't seen to come as frequently, though of course some days are better than others. At least we are spending more time in the garden now (was lovely here today), which she seems to enjoy.

Hope you are all well. Hope you get some good news about the job HB. How are you doing Worrier? I hope things are OK. Is your dad home yet?

Can anyone tell me how it's possible for a 91 year old to go all day without napping? She used to nap quite frequently in the day time and in the evening, pre dementia, but hardly every does now. Where on earth does the energy come from?!

Rosy - could you set up some kind of alarm/baby monitor type system so that you could go out in the garden, but still 'hear' mum?

HillyBilly

Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Rosy it's depressing isn't it, having to be stuck inside when the weather's nice. Your Mum must be using up Marnie's Mum's zzzzzzzzzzz!

Harrys daughter

Jul 12, 2016
20170510_222555.jpeg
Ow no full moon alert

joanna89

Nov 27, 2015
You'43 not on your own!

Rant Rant Rant. Fed up to the back teeth today. Had a bad night and all day, Mum talking to the clock and asking her Mum to come and get her. Had the gas engineer here whilst she was doing it,he must think it's a mad house.
Waiting for results from the bloods and urine sample DN's took on Friday. No let up today just constant, my head is in pieces. Why or why cant we just have one full week of peace instead of a couple of days.
Sorry all feel better just putting it down on here. Maybe a good one tonight. Fingers crossed and everything else. Even the cat is fed up everytime she goes out to do her business Mum goes and brings her back in. (HAVE TO LAUGH OR WILL CRACK UP)

I, too, am feeling very frustrated today, with my husband. But your mum asking her own Mum to come and get her is very common indeed. I believe that almost all people with dementia say "I want to go home" at some point, and I read a good definition of that. The person with dementia is really saying that they don't have a clue what is going on, nothing makes sense, and wanting to 'go home' is a way of asking to be back at the place, and with the people, where they felt safe and got complete reassurance that Mum would make it all better.

When people wander, they are usually looking for their childhood home.

I hope your nights improve. Boy, do I understand that lack of sleep thing. It is awful.

Onwards and upwards. And all the best. You're right - putting it down helps so much.

jorgieporgie

Mar 2, 2016
YORKSHIRE
Hi Joannne,
I think you read the first post I started on my thread back over a year ago. Mum passed in October but thank you for your concern.
Hope everyone is having the lovely sunshine today, it was beautiful here yesterday and got so much done in the garden. Lets hope it continues.:cool:
Rosy Mum started sleeping all day and night and not eating at all, I think its just part and parcel of them slowing down and at your Mum's age she needs all the rest she can get.
Harryd your getting a right photographer, think of taking that up as a job:D
Marnie glad you got out in the garden, it makes all the difference than been shut in, you enjoy whilst you can.
Hillybilly hope you hear soon about the job.
Molly hugs as usual xx
Lavender how are you hope everything is calm xx

Lavender45

Jun 7, 2015
Liverpool
Morning all. HD that picture is quite spooky. Love it!

I've not been in to see mum since Monday. My presence really seems to aggravate her so all I can do is severely cut back.

I called the ward this morning as ward rounds were yesterday. The consultant is contacting the mental health team, but hasn't indicated what for. Typical! The deputy manager will have to chase up what's going because they need to know as well as me.

Staff say mum is calm, which is great. She has started her morning antidepressant and her rivastigmine patch. I hope this is now the right combination to level mum off a bit. It amazes me she's 81 and needs an antidepressant in the morning (need to check which), lorazepam, trazodone, respiridone and rivastigmine. Cannot be right to fill her with so many drugs can it, but what else can we do!!!

The need for so many drugs does have one benefit to me. It makes me realise I wasn't doing that bad a job at home, the illness was just making mum completely out of control. It salves my conscience as even now I have moments when I think what if I'd coped better, would we be where we are today? The answer now has to be yes we probably would!

Last edited:

WORRIER123

Oct 1, 2015
Sorry ladies. Not had a minute to post
Dad still in. I am arguing the toss over this sarastedy equipment to move dad. They insist on hoist but fail to note they haven't actually even been using it in the hospital so I threw that back at them. Meanwhile dad has start of another infection.
I actually didn't visit yesterday. First time not seen him every day in nearly 2 years
I didn't feel great was tired and had a rant at the OT and physios at the ward the day prior.
Heading there now to see what he's got of anything and to leave a letter for ward sister summarising my gripes. If one more person says let's have a meeting to discuss I will thump them. They all know what I want so why more meetings.
May visit in disguise today
On a plus the memory clinic wanted to visit dad at home to discuss his progress so when he comes out they can as I haven't a clue if he knows me or not he hardly speaks now.
Updates after visit. I am sure it will be a further rant

Lavender45

Jun 7, 2015
Liverpool
Oh Worrier everything is such a battle and that's so wrong. Wish I was closer. I'm battle hardened by now and would happily argue the toss with your powers that be to give you a break from it all. X

WORRIER123

Oct 1, 2015
Oh Worrier everything is such a battle and that's so wrong. Wish I was closer. I'm battle hardened by now and would happily argue the toss with your powers that be to give you a break from it all. X
Let battle commence. So I arrive and find dad with a chest infection again
He's on a drip and physios arrive 4pm as he's asleep hooked up to see how he is getting up IDIOTS
There a dementia lead person on the ward and I told her about this sarastedy. She said you fight for it. I said oh don't worry I will !
X

Harrys daughter

Jul 12, 2016
Morning all. HD that picture is quite spooky. Love it!

I've not been in to see mum since Monday. My presence really seems to aggravate her so all I can do is severely cut back.

I called the ward this morning as ward rounds were yesterday. The consultant is contacting the mental health team, but hasn't indicated what for. Typical! The deputy manager will have to chase up what's going because they need to know as well as me.

Staff say mum is calm, which is great. She has started her morning antidepressant and her rivastigmine patch. I hope this is now the right combination to level mum off a bit. It amazes me she's 81 and needs an antidepressant in the morning (need to check which), lorazepam, trazodone, respiridone and rivastigmine. Cannot be right to fill her with so many drugs can it, but what else can we do!!!

The need for so many drugs does have one benefit to me. It makes me realise I wasn't doing that bad a job at home, the illness was just making mum completely out of control. It salves my conscience as even now I have moments when I think what if I'd coped better, would we be where we are today? The answer now has to be yes we probably would!
Lavender you did everything right you did all you could but remember your life on a few occasions was greatly at risk we were all very worred about you x

Harrys daughter

Jul 12, 2016
Sorry ladies. Not had a minute to post
Dad still in. I am arguing the toss over this sarastedy equipment to move dad. They insist on hoist but fail to note they haven't actually even been using it in the hospital so I threw that back at them. Meanwhile dad has start of another infection.
I actually didn't visit yesterday. First time not seen him every day in nearly 2 years
I didn't feel great was tired and had a rant at the OT and physios at the ward the day prior.
Heading there now to see what he's got of anything and to leave a letter for ward sister summarising my gripes. If one more person says let's have a meeting to discuss I will thump them. They all know what I want so why more meetings.
May visit in disguise today
On a plus the memory clinic wanted to visit dad at home to discuss his progress so when he comes out they can as I haven't a clue if he knows me or not he hardly speaks now.
Updates after visit. I am sure it will be a further rant
Worried so good to hear from you but not good your poor dad isn't home yet and your still battering away big strong vibes 4 you also yes go in cogneto (carnt spell) iv a adult gruffallo outfit you can have x

jorgieporgie

Mar 2, 2016
YORKSHIRE
Evening Ladies,
Worrier its always a battle for you, good that you had a break and didn't go visiting. Try and get some free time whilst you can.
These blinking infections I really don't think anti-biotics are working anymore.
Hope you all have a good weekend I am going away tomorrow until Sunday evening but will check in on my return. x

Lavender45

Jun 7, 2015
Liverpool
Evening Ladies,
Worrier its always a battle for you, good that you had a break and didn't go visiting. Try and get some free time whilst you can.
These blinking infections I really don't think anti-biotics are working anymore.
Hope you all have a good weekend I am going away tomorrow until Sunday evening but will check in on my return. x

Have a good break Jorgie. Xxx

jorgieporgie

Mar 2, 2016
YORKSHIRE
Morning Ladies,
No such luck Harryd:( Going with my SIL to Cayton Bay in Scarborough.
Never know ma meet someone and make it romantic;)
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend, its started raining here but not going to let the rain dampen our break.
Big hugs to you all xx

WORRIER123

Oct 1, 2015
Good weekends to you all
Another weekend with nothing going on at the hospital no doubt.
Rant written letter to GP and Ward Sister so that made me better
Not actually sure dad even knows me now as a daughter doesn't smile when I arrive or say my name nothing. I wish something could let you know if they know or just see you as someone random they know
My birthday in a couple of weeks. Dad's not remembered it for about 5 years and that was pre dementia diagnosis x

Status
Not open for further replies.