Another enough day...

InElysium

Mar 14, 2011
So far a bit of moaning as he came in but nothing too excessive, but I know that will come over the next few days or nights. He has a way of dwelling on events for days like his mind is on a pause, play, pause, play rewind loop. He will pause when he goes out later. Then play when he returns. Then pause in the evening and then when everyone is asleep - play, rewind, play.

Curiously it seems the Dr had asked him how his home life was. Only getting small bits from what he had said to mum but it makes me think - did Dr ask to see how he reacts to the question to a) gauge if he is oblivious to how he is affecting other family members, or b) does Dr think he's OK based on a facade and think I'm making his AD up if dad says everything at home is rosy? Of course he is not going to air his dirty laundry, it would be totally against his pride. I really hope I'm underestimating the Dr. No offence intended Dr.

Hopefully not the latter as I always dread they see his fake facade and not the real side of him behind closed doors. All the more reason I started the recordings. For my own sanity when no one else believes me. I know Drs have to weigh up situations and I don't dismiss that there are other families will ulterior motives or sibling rivalry etc but this is most certainly not. I only stay because my mum needs a carer. No one would put up with his behaviour voluntarily, certainly not for free. Always happy for Dr to interview all other family members who never visit my mum unless they text me to see whether he is out or not. All the brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews.
Make you own mind up on that one...

So far so quiet as I thought to get lunch made so that he can come back, eat and then go on his merry afternoon out so we can get some peace and 'respite' if you can call it that. A symbiosis of sorts perhaps. I know that we might be contributing to the 'hostess' mode but it is far more easier to get the lunch made so that it distracts him from whatever vile he could return with and the sooner he goes out. We also need lunch too, so it's not exclusively for him! It's worth it for a few hours peace for mum and me. The vile will no doubt come out later on... Hey ho. Got to be grateful the weather is as nice as it has been!

InElysium

Mar 14, 2011
Despite all the behind closed doors home bravado claiming to have said no to Dr for any appts and tests, dad obediently went for a scan or xray or whatever it was the Dr sent him for. He went for his usual flutter today and then to the medical centre after that.
About half hour ago - 19.00pm he was in the bathroom and started badmouthing the Dr for sending him for tests, laughing childishly at having being asked 'doesn't he want to get better'. Yes, just him by himself in the bathroom mouthing and cursing. The play pause play analogy I use. It's like having human equivalent of catch-up or on demand tv...
With that bit of verbal toxic out of the system, he is now quiet. Should be a fun night tonight if that's anything to go by... Oh and he had a beer before after dinner so that might send him nicely to sleep later. I'm sure it was on the news a few weeks back that certain alcohol slows down AD...
There's a programme on tonight with Michael Mosley about Sleep. Should be interesting.
Failing that, rewatching Peter Kay Car Share recordings has been a real tonic! Tears of laughter for a change...

Recent Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan