Aaaahhhgghh!

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire
I look after mum, with Dementia. My daughter has just had a baby, after IVF, my husband suffers from depression. According to him, I am a rubbish daughter & a rubbish wife! At the end of my tether. I am not a bad person

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hi jknight
well, all I can say is that if you are rubbish, 'rubbish' must be another word for flipping brilliant
so sorry: hearing anyone describe you like this is tough, horrible from the mouth of your husband, who's really speaking through his own demons with so much going on in your lives
keep coming here to scream, we're listening, with earplugs at the ready

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire
hi jknight
well, all I can say is that if you are rubbish, 'rubbish' must be another word for flipping brilliant
so sorry: hearing anyone describe you like this is tough, horrible from the mouth of your husband, who's really speaking through his own demons with so much going on in your lives
keep coming here to scream, we're listening, with earplugs at the ready

Thank you, lovely! It's been a horrible time. Don't know what I'd do without you lovely people!

HillyBilly

Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
You are NOT a rubbish person!
We don't have "rubbish" people here on TP!
So tell your husband to stick that in his pipe and smoke it :cool:

Sorry, that was a bit flippant...your husband obviously has his own issues to deal with but you are being superwoman and I hereby award you superwoman pants to wear tonight to go to bed in and wake up with tomorrow morning, as you always do x

oilovlam

Aug 2, 2015
South East
Look at the positives, your daughter has brought a new life into the world. New possibilities. A fresh start. Congratulations on that.

The rest is a juggling act.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
To tell anyone who is a carer that they are rubbish is to to admit that they are struggling without enough help. Your husband could improve his own sense of self worth if he worked with you as a team. Don't allow anyone to bring you down.

Mimi5

Apr 22, 2017
Essex
Well done for just keeping going:) Life seems like a roller coaster ride doesn't it? So an up will be along soon. Cuddle your grandchild, that should do it:D

Today is a new day:cool: The sun is even shining here:D

Carers are always amazing.........how else would we do it???

mab

Mar 6, 2010
Surrey
With so much stacked against you, you are doing a great job. Don't let a depressive bring you down to his level. (I wore that T shirt! It's so uncomfortable. :() I wonder, is it an element of envy that he sees YOU can cope with so much and he has to accept that he can't?
YOU know how much you are achieving, well done you, and congratulations!

Oh Knickers

Nov 19, 2016
Hi jknight,

Sorry to hear you are having such a tough time. It may be your husband is really talking about himself rather than you. Some good suggestions by other posters such as having a word with the GP. Also, go and give the new life a cuddle.

Fullticket

Apr 19, 2016
Chard, Somerset
Aaaahhhgghh

I look after mum, with Dementia. My daughter has just had a baby, after IVF, my husband suffers from depression. According to him, I am a rubbish daughter & a rubbish wife! At the end of my tether. I am not a bad person

So we have all on here learned to live in the reality of the dementia sufferer and weathered the 'you've stolen my purse' syndrome day, after day, after bl..dy day. I admire you SO MUCH for living with this and then the anxieties of a depressive person. No you are not rubbish, you are an absolute star/saint/inspiration. Big hug. xx

Recent Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan