The fateful day...

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Hiya Gang. I want to get this news away from Heike's thread. That ain't the place to have The Inevitable Conversation, if ya know what I mean.

It's been a long time since I wrote anything on TP. Sadly, this news is Mr. Snug's Last Goodbye.

I got the phone call just over an hour ago to tell me he'd died a little after 1 o'clock today. I don't keep anniversaries of when someone left this earth. It's happened to others in my family, but I deliberately don't keep dates.

I managed to call one person to let them know, a little while ago. The other person is not answering their phone, so I can't tell them. At least, not today, anyway.

I have a few hours until I have to start making plans, and the next few months to a year will probably be the hardest I've ever lived through. But, I've survived every hardship so far. If not for Almighty God, I wouldn't have got through any of it.

If anyone needs an accolade, it must go to all the staff at our care home. I've never met anyone as warm and loving, (I'm not joking), as those people who work there. The job is far more than someone wearing a company uniform. It's hearts, eyes and minds that have to see this stuff, and care for the person through it, whilst also trying to be a comfort to the families affected. And they DO care, guys. I wish I could tell you the name of the place, but I guess we have rules here for a reason.

Thank you all so much who are here for all your support and advice over the last few years. You really don't know what that all means. I reckon there is a long list of Members who can say that, now. I hope this site will be there for ever, so that all who need support can come here and get it. Thank you, Alzheimer's Society for giving us Talking Point. It's something that will always be needed. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

DianeW

Sep 10, 2013
Lytham St Annes
So very sorry to hear the sad news of your hubby.....I agree he was in a wonderful place surrounded by the care he needed and provided by genuine CARING CARERS, I too have had the pleasure of meeting such people and they are truly amazing people.

You must now look after yourself, just take each day as it comes, and also don't forget there may well be some support and financial assistance for you, so please consider that too.

You are a strong person, I can see that from your posts..... just know that people here are thinking of you both x

Take care x

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
So sorry Chuggs. Don't know what to say other than sending you another hug and my condolences. Look after yourself my friend.

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
So sorry Chugs, don't know what to say to you that will any comfort except Mr Chugs is now free from this awful illness, sending you a big hug and remember we are all here for you. Hugs Sandi xxxxx

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
So very sorry to hear the sad news of your hubby.....I agree he was in a wonderful place surrounded by the care he needed and provided by genuine CARING CARERS, I too have had the pleasure of meeting such people and they are truly amazing people.

You must now look after yourself, just take each day as it comes, and also don't forget there may well be some support and financial assistance for you, so please consider that too.

You are a strong person, I can see that from your posts..... just know that people here are thinking of you both x

Take care x

Well, I thought I was too, Diane, but reading all these beautiful messages, suddenly, I'm a tearful riot right now! Ah well. Better get the tears out of the way today. The hard work starts in the morning.

God bless you, sweetheart, and all of you. Thank you for your loving messages.

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
I am so sorry chuggs. Itt will be hard but you will find the strength to get through it. Xx

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
I am so sorry chuggs. Itt will be hard but you will find the strength to get through it. Xx

Hey Bemused. I think today's the worst, as I'm just sitting here. Once I start the phone calls tomorrow, I can set my mind to sorting everything out.

I ain't good at sitting still, sigh...

How are you, Bemused?

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Oh chuggalug, Im so sorry.
I think it helps to know that he was in a place where people loved him. My mum was in a place like that too - it made me realise that I really had done my best for her, just like you have done your best for Mr Snugs
((((hugs)))))

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
So sorry to read this Chuggs. My condolences for the passing of Mr Snugs, sending you supportive hugs and wishes not just for strength for the difficult days and weeks ahead but also with the hope that things won't be as difficult as you anticipate.

Take good care of yourself xx

Sent from my SM-T310 using Talking Point mobile app

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Hey Bemused. I think today's the worst, as I'm just sitting here. Once I start the phone calls tomorrow, I can set my mind to sorting everything out.

I ain't good at sitting still, sigh...

How are you, Bemused?

One foot in front of another chuggs. Thank you. There will be plenty to keep you occupied but a little breathing time helps

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Oh Chuggs, I'm so sorry. All the battling you did for him to get that care, I'm glad he was so very well cared for. It does make such a difference. But now, the inevitable. My condolences to you, and wishing you much strength and endurance for the coming weeks. xx

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
One foot in front of another chuggs. Thank you. There will be plenty to keep you occupied but a little breathing time helps

That's the answer, ain't it. One step at a time. And it will be. Oh BOY. I haven't told his brother yet...

Better get that sorted.

DianeW

Sep 10, 2013
Lytham St Annes
Well, I thought I was too, Diane, but reading all these beautiful messages, suddenly, I'm a tearful riot right now! Ah well. Better get the tears out of the way today. The hard work starts in the morning.

God bless you, sweetheart, and all of you. Thank you for your loving messages.

Don't worry about the tears Chuggs, let them flow.......

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Oh chuggalug, Im so sorry.
I think it helps to know that he was in a place where people loved him. My mum was in a place like that too - it made me realise that I really had done my best for her, just like you have done your best for Mr Snugs
((((hugs)))))

You know, with all the backstabbing so many of these people get in the Press; it's a wonder we have those who actually DO care. I know how to tell the difference between those who do, and those who don't. I've lived through both, Canary, and the difference is astounding. I'm so glad you can say the same about your Mum, and I'm so sorry she had this dreadful illness happen to her.

Much love to you, Canary, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Don't worry about the tears Chuggs, let them flow.......

I did, my love. It's coming in waves at the moment. I certainly don't want a quiet night tonight! I could use some midnight sun, quite honestly. I know I'm being indulgent, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx