Mum has made her final choice

Jbob

Apr 20, 2016
So sorry to hear about your Mum Merrymaid I hope you are all at peace. I am still waiting my Dad is on 3 weeks of no food and 10 days of no fluid. Its heart breaking to wintness I hope his peace from this awful disease comes soon for all of us. Take care x

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry for your loss. Your photo of the hands was so moving. I'm glad you were with your mum when she passed and am glad she is at peace. Wishing you strength for the days and weeks to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
sad news Merrymaid
your description is so poignant; your mum left this world blanketed in love, I hope there is comfort for you in that

Merrymaid

Feb 21, 2014
Moving on............

Thank you all for your responses.

Today has passed in a daze, not helped by not having slept since yesterday. My daughter, and my grandson have come down to help me for the next week. He has kept me distracted with his toddler energy, although my heart is as heavy as lead. Talking of hearts I had the two gold rings my mother wore made into 2 open hearts, one for me and one for my daughter it's a little comfort to know something she treasured will always be with me now. My house has been Sold STC for some time, so after Mum's funeral I will be raising my eyes to the future and my relocation to be near my daughter. My Mum was all about family and I know she would want me to cherish the time spent with mine, just as she did.I know the experiences of the past few months and subsequent loss of my dear Mum are going to take time to process, but the light that I saw fade this morning in Mum's eyes was shining bright in my Grandson's, and will in time sparkle again in mine.

Thank you again for your support. For those of you still on this troubled pathway I send heartfelt wishes of peace. xx

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Time heals....eventually.
Today everything is still raw. Even the joy of having little ones nearby is fleeting....but one day the sadness will lift.
Thinking of you with sadness and yet in remembering the image of your hands together, I know you have done your best. Well done .x,x

Timeout

Feb 10, 2012
Beautiful words, Merrymaid, the love for your mum shines brightly in your posts. I hope everything you hope for the future comes to you and your family. Xx

Merrymaid

Feb 21, 2014
Mum's funeral today

Following a frenetic week of bureaucracy, form filling, telephone calls, emails etc today is Mum's funeral. Feeling surprisingly calm at the moment if perhaps a little 'other worldly'. Relatives have traveled from all over for the service at the crematorium and will be gathering again later in the summer when she joins Dad in having her ashes spread at sea.

This will likely be my last post to the forum so I would like to say thank you to all of you that offered their condolences, and wish all of you a peaceful end for you and your loved ones affected by the various forms of dementia. xxx

Rosnpton

Mar 19, 2017
Northants
I will be thinking of you and hope the service etc goes well and you and yours are able to remember the happier times.
Sending a hug and hope you do visit tp.still sometime in the future
Ros