Care home costs

Georgina63

Aug 11, 2014
Last edited:

Georgina63

Aug 11, 2014
Thanks Fizzie, and yes, it was extremely harsh- astounding! ... I work for a charity for homeless people myself, and nearly dropped my phone, as I recall! ...If I also could offer my support, in any way, for your proposed campaign, please don't hesitate to contact me. G.x

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Me too! If I can do anything practical to help...research, whatever please feel free to PM. Georgina x

oilovlam

Aug 2, 2015
South East
I've signed the petition too. I wonder if a new thread needs to be created to bring this petition to people's attention. It seems to be a bit hidden in the middle of this thread. It is such an important subject and I'm surprised more people haven't signed it.

Georgina63

Aug 11, 2014
I've signed the petition too. I wonder if a new thread needs to be created to bring this petition to people's attention. It seems to be a bit hidden in the middle of this thread. It is such an important subject and I'm surprised more people haven't signed it.
Sounds like a great idea. I didn't realise when I commented on the link that it had been posted some time ago. Even posting on Facebook to friends generated a few more signatures, so spreading the word further would be good. Gx

Richardw

Mar 18, 2017
For anyone interested a petition has just gone:/change.org/p/rt-hon-alistair-burt-mp-equity-in-care-home-fees?recruiter=539885516&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_facebook_responsive&utm_term=des-md-google-no_msg&recuruit_context=fb_share_mention_control&fb_ref=Default[/url]

I'm not sure how successful petitions are but it is a start

Signed. i also have a petition on change.org campaigning against those who are in care being subject to income tax. It won't let me post the link here yet as i haven't reached 10 posts!

reddollyfood

Apr 28, 2015
I also have posted a couple of months ago regarding the huge increase in dad's fees with very little notice. No other business would get away with this. Impossible to financially plan anything when you are at the provider's mercy, really.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

SnowWhite

Nov 18, 2016
How do I find it on Facebook please? I will do all I can to help.

My Mums care home fees just went up from 1 April by £48 a WEEK compared to December. its all very hush hush at her Care home about how much people pay but I was speaking to another woman in March and told her I'd had a letter about the increase.

I saw her today and they haven't had a letter yet although fees were supposed to go up from 1 April. My guess is that because this mother lady is part funded, her fees have not gone up.

lemonjuice

Jun 15, 2016
England
. .

My Mum's care home fees just went up from 1 April by £48 a WEEK compared to December.
My mother's have just gone up by £70 but about 3 years ago they went up by £25 a day :eek:-(£165 a week) making a rise of 27% that year, so I'm just grateful that its been kept to 8% this year.