Mum has passed away

realist1234

Oct 30, 2014
My Mum, Elsie, passed away Thursday morning at the age of 88. My sister and I were with her at the end. Still cant talk about it without breaking down. Her appetite was up and down for a long time, but in the last few weeks she hardly ate or drank anything. Although I wondered how long she could last, her passing still felt sudden. She received good care in her nursing home, though I suppose no home is perfect. I will miss her deeply.

Peter

Merrymaid

Feb 21, 2014
So sorry for your loss, even when we know to expect the outcome it is always a shock. Take comfort that you were able to be there for her xx

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Mum was content in her care home, Peter. You were with her when she died.....I call this a job well done. Of course you will miss her, she was your Mum, you loved her.
With sympathy..... Maureen.x.x

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry to read your news. It's good that you were with her at the end. Wishing you strength.

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
Sorry for the loss of your dear Mum. I know from recently losing Dad that feeling of they have the illness so we expect end of life at some point but then something else suddenly intervenes to bring it much more quickly than we thought it would be. You have been a loving caring son right to the end and that is an important thing to remember

Chemmy

Nov 7, 2011
Yorkshire
It doesn't seem to matter how prepared you think you are for the inevitable, the loss of your mother is always heart-breaking. Wishing you and your family all the best for the future.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hello realist1234
sad news
I hope it will become a comfort to you that you were with your mum
and that you know she received good care in the home
best wishes

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
I'm so very sorry, please accept my condolences. I think even when it's anticipated, the death of someone we love is still a huge shock when it finally happens. Be kind to yourself and allow yourself to cry if you need to.

realist1234

Oct 30, 2014
Thank you all for your kind messages. They brought more tears, a good thing.

And my sympathies with you Canary at this sad time.

Thanks

Peter