A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Dear Sylvia, such a lovely photo of Dhiren and his unforgettable smile. It is a good feeling when you come across such a meaningful photo. Thanks for sharing.

Love
Loo xx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
What a delightful photo Sylvia! It's so good that we can have these photos on our phones etc. I see Bill's face every time I open up any of my devices.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you all.

I took this photo on one of my visits to the care home. If anything could reassure those who have been forced to make the decision for residential care I felt this photo could.

I have been very open about our difficulties during the early and middle stages of Dhiren's dementia. When the photo was taken he'd been in the home for three years and I think it bears witness to the quality of care he received and the quality of life we both shared.

My memories, even though they are still of Dhiren with dementia , are really good memories of the last four years of his life.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Lovely photo. And you're right, it is a testament to the quality of care he was getting and the quality of life you both got back. William and I achieved that too, when he went to the nursing home, although he only lived another 11 months there.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Talking Point mobile app

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Gosh Sylvia, Dhiren looked so well in that photo. It's no wonder that you want to look at it as often as you can.

I'm so glad that you found it.

Love,

Lyn T XX

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
What a lovely picture, Sylvia :)
I'm so pleased that you both found some peace in those years when Dhiren was in a nursing home x

Status
Not open for further replies.