I'm lost without my dad

Emjayames

Feb 28, 2017
I lost my dad 3 weeks ago to vascular dementia, he was a fit strong man until this took hold . He stopped eating an drinking and was very thin when he passed . I had my dad everyday , took him everywhere with me he was my best friend and now I'm lost without him, I have my own family but I can't focus on them I just want my dad back .. emjay

Bill Owen

Feb 17, 2014
BRIDGEND
Time

i lost my dad 3 weeks ago to vascular dementia, he was a fit strong man until this took hold . He stopped eating an drinking and was very thin when he passed . I had my dad everyday , took him everywhere with me he was my best friend and now i'm lost without him, i have my own family but i can't focus on them i just want my dad back .. Emjay

hi im bill .lost my wife 1 year today. From lewy body dem only 63 .beleve me it will take time .look into you children.there will be a pice of him in them .i have a 4 year old grand daugther.and i can see bits of my wife way in her .which keeps me warm inside if you know what i mean.big wlash cwtch.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Sorry for your loss Emjay. It's very hard to watch someone we love suffering, and very hard when they leave us behind. It's early days yet since your dad died, and while you will always feel his loss, in time this fresh wound you feel won't be so raw, and you'll be able to focus on your family again. Meanwhile, be kind to yourself.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Talking Point mobile app