Goodbye my darling

Shazzy67

Feb 25, 2015
Selby
Haven't been on for while as so busy with carers and caring. My lovely husband of 30 years finally stopped fighting and took his last breath at home this morning, where he wanted to be with myself and our son there to say goodbye. The last few months of relative happiness would not have been possible without the advice i got on here which prompted me to seek help. We had a home care package in place that meant he stayed with us at home to the end and for that i will be forever grateful. Good luck and love to all you lovely, caring people. My darlings fight is over but i won't forget all of you while you still fight for and care for those you love.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry to read your news. I'm glad your husband was at home with you and that he has now found peace from this disease. Sending my sincere condolences and wishing you strength..

Merrymaid

Feb 21, 2014
Haven't been on for while as so busy with carers and caring. My lovely husband of 30 years finally stopped fighting and took his last breath at home this morning, where he wanted to be with myself and our son there to say goodbye. The last few months of relative happiness would not have been possible without the advice i got on here which prompted me to seek help. We had a home care package in place that meant he stayed with us at home to the end and for that i will be forever grateful. Good luck and love to all you lovely, caring people. My darlings fight is over but i won't forget all of you while you still fight for and care for those you love.

So sorry for your loss xx

Chemmy

Nov 7, 2011
Yorkshire
So sorry to hear about your husband, but I'm sure you and your family will find much comfort in such a peaceful passing.

Shazzy67

Feb 25, 2015
Selby
Thankyou

Thank you all for your kind words, i'm still numb, nothing feels real at the moment, so strange not to give him his nightime drink and kiss him goodnight. I do take comfort that he was here and that the 'end' was not too prolonged as it is for some, he was bedbound and in his own world for a long time but still knew that he knew me even if if not necessarilly knowing i was his wife it that makes sense, but at least it meant i usually got a smile and an 'oh good it's you' right to the end which is so much more than many get. I just miss him so very very much.
Bless you all
Sharon xxx

VickiW

Dec 29, 2016
So sorry to read about your husband but how wonderful that he was surrounded by so much love x

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Bill Owen

Feb 17, 2014
BRIDGEND
Cwtch

haven't been on for while as so busy with carers and caring. My lovely husband of 30 years finally stopped fighting and took his last breath at home this morning, where he wanted to be with myself and our son there to say goodbye. The last few months of relative happiness would not have been possible without the advice i got on here which prompted me to seek help. We had a home care package in place that meant he stayed with us at home to the end and for that i will be forever grateful. Good luck and love to all you lovely, caring people. My darlings fight is over but i won't forget all of you while you still fight for and care for those you love.

hi im bill. Sorry for you at this time feel for you .lost my wife of 63 old .1 year today wed ,but tomorrow the date. From lewy body dem.sending you a big welsh cwtch if thats ok .

jeenie40

Oct 10, 2016
Leigh Greater Manchester

Condolences to you and your family xx