Don't know how much more i can take.

elwoodlpool

Mar 27, 2006
Derbyshire
www.myspace.com
Hi all,

Went to see my Mum yesterday with my Partner Leanne and our little girls, I walked to the home and was so nervous i walked in as mum now is in total nursing and as i walked in her room there she was now bed ridden looking small and helpless with her radio on. It hit me right in the face. She did give me the occasional smile and even tried to talk but i could see some changes in her the nurse told me she has put some weight on but she still looked withered to me even her hands were that of a late 60 year old. I get so mad as mum is 53 and my 3 year old girls are missing out on their grandma. I asked how long its been since my dad visited and when the nurse replied "2 Months" i was gobsmacked.

I feel now like Mum is a lost soul and noone cares at all about her I live in Derbyshire and work and my family dont allow for me to go everyday to Liverpool to see her. I wish she could be moved to a home in Derbyshire near me so i could visit everyday. Im off to darlington this morning to promote our show and i really dont feel like it i feel totally destroyed this morning...

Andf like i said in my post title i dont know how much more i can take of this....

Hope everyone is ok

Mark

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Wish they was some l could say to make you feel better , so just want to send you my love, as l know how hartbreaking it is to see someone you deeply love go that way xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Mark, is there any reason why you can't bring your mum nearer to you? It seems to me that if no-one else is visiting, it would be better for all of you if she was nearer.

Why not make some enquiries?

Love,

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hello Mark,

I agree with Hazel on that one..
If your mum was nearer you perhaps could spend more quality time with her..

And you may not feel so bad about things.

As things are you're sressed before you visit..and saddened when you leave..

It's understandable..and I do feel for you...and your family.

Try to stay positive..

Lots of love gigi xx

andrear

Feb 13, 2008
Yorkshire
HI Mark

Welcome back.
You care about your mum and thats what matters the most. I agree with the other comments and recommend that you make enquiries about having mum nearer to you so that you can see her more often.
Love Andrea

elwoodlpool

Mar 27, 2006
Derbyshire
www.myspace.com
Its mad you should all say about bringing my mum near to me ive started the ball rolling tonight even before i looked on here.
Thanks all im gonna try my best to get her near me.

Hope it wont take long to do

Mark

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Mark, that's brilliant!

I hope you manage to get your mum nearer you, you'll feel so much better, being able to see her regularly, and your mum will be better for having you there too.

Let us know how you get on.

Love,

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Bravo......

Hello Mark,

Good for you....:)

Keep posting and talking to us ...let us know how things are.

I really hope you can do this for your mum..she is so lucky to have a son who cares as much as you do.

Love gigi xx

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Well done Mark

For posting first of all ... and for moving forward - you know it always help to have an objective .....

We know you have to travel around to make your living - but if mum was nearer 'home base' that would make such a difference to you, I'm sure.

Leanne sounds wonderfully supportive ...... your mum will never be a lost soul as long as you care for her as much as you obviously do ..... and you have the backing and love of your own family which you clearly have ...

Take care, love, Karen, x

elwoodlpool

Mar 27, 2006
Derbyshire
www.myspace.com
Update

I called Diane at there care home my mum is at and she is really positive about moving my mum too. And she has also enlightened me that my dad has been how shall we say very shady with my mums finances. The social worker is calling me tomorrow. To go through things Diane at the home was brill and i even said i would get the train to Liverpool and then make the journey to Derbyshire with my mum.The problem also me and my sister have had to put up with are all the lies my dad has told us over the phone about mums health and when ive asked people and carers they have told me she is no were near as bad.

I just want this sorted now as i need her more in my life and seeing her grandaughters more

Thanks all

Mark

elwoodlpool

Mar 27, 2006
Derbyshire
www.myspace.com
More to it

Hi all thanks for your comments and support, I spoke to my mums social worker today about things and, now ive been told that my Step-Dad has been spending all my mums allowance money and not been paying fee's to the home.

These have all built up and now the social worker is saying the Council will be taking this matter up. It makes me mad that legally HE is her next of kin. I hope this move is quick i want my mum here now....Im off to Truro tonight for our gig tomorrow best to you all.

Thanks

Mark

jane@hotmail

Mar 13, 2008
Bedfordshire
Mark,

I really can't imagine how you're feeling at the moment. So many emotions...The disappiontment (to say the least) in your dad. But the happiness you must feel knowing you'll get mum closer.

Your mum is obviously a great mum, I know she's so proud of you. To care so deeply and not give up on her. You're a great guy.

Jane x

hendy

Feb 20, 2008
West Yorkshire
Dear Mark
It sounds as though now you've made the decision to get mum closer to you, that this will be much better for your mum. The disappointment you must be feeling about step dad, well I think you'll be able to keep a closer eye on her now.
take care
hendy

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
Hi Mark

Whereabouts in Derbyshire are you thinking of? Just that I am Derbyshire born, Derbyshire bred, might be able to help. I am North Derbyshire. PM me if you like. My mum is in a care home in Buxton, might suit your mum.

I think you have to get her nearer to you as you seem to be her main carer.

Good luck

Love

Margaret