Visiting new home tomorrow

Mammamu

Jan 10, 2017
Bucks
Evening all,
We had a visit to FIL this afternoon, he was asleep when we arrived, after gently waking him he was happy to have a cuppa with us. He "read" the paper. Speaking to staff he has been sleeping better in the night (but also looks very sleepy in the daytime?) He did not look so angry & lost today made me feel better..... ! A few days this week he has been taking part in activities so now I feeling hopeful![emoji6]
Will give you updates after meeting with care home GP on Monday.
Will try to sleep now [emoji42] but it's unlikely to happen as my head is too busy.....
Night night Mammamu [emoji202]

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Georgina63

Aug 11, 2014
Hi Mammamu, so pleased yesterday's visit was positive, especially after your previous post. You'll know from my recent post we have had a similar situation with Dad and it's such a worry and the consequences of a potential move don't bear thinking about. I hope tomorrow goes well, I too will be visiting the CH to discuss the situation. We can swap notes! :rolleyes: Gx

Sweetsheep

Jan 12, 2017
Evening all,
We had a visit to FIL this afternoon, he was asleep when we arrived, after gently waking him he was happy to have a cuppa with us. He "read" the paper. Speaking to staff he has been sleeping better in the night (but also looks very sleepy in the daytime?) He did not look so angry & lost today made me feel better..... ! A few days this week he has been taking part in activities so now I feeling hopeful![emoji6]
Will give you updates after meeting with care home GP on Monday.
Will try to sleep now [emoji42] but it's unlikely to happen as my head is too busy.....
Night night Mammamu [emoji202]

Great news xxx hopefully a step in the right direction. Have a lovely Sunday x

Sent from my SM-G930F using Talking Point mobile app

Mammamu

Jan 10, 2017
Bucks
Here is an update from me:
FIL have now settled well and is sleeping at night,leaving the other residents alone to sleep as well! He is pressing the buzzer in the morning when he wants to get up (not getting up naked trying to go home!) He is up and taking part in the activities during the day.
We still have a few problems with his temper showing when some one is doing something "wrong".eg wearing a cap/hat inside,sleeping in front of the TV or "generally breaking the rules in his house"

The staff at this home is wonderful!
Always have a smile on their face & so welcoming & friendly, we all feel like we belong together and this is our new normal....
Sadly I feel MIL isolating herself, she only see him once a week and as soon as she get to the home she wants to leave..... maybe it's just taking her time to adjust (a lot has been happening & changed in her life last 6 months!)
I have suggested that they eat lunch together but she don't like eating anywhere apart from at her own place,must eat at 12 o'clock every day,Needs to have her food the list is endless....

Well I can't worry about everything, maybe sounds a bit selfish but I want to enjoy my time with FIL in his new "hotel"[emoji6].
On yesterdays visit he told us it's a very nice place you know? A big hotel, good food and lots of things to do.
I'm sure you can understand how much that made me smile & I refuse to have anyone "rain on my parade"[emoji41]
Hope you all have a pleasant Sunday & I'm doing a Sunday roast [emoji39]
Hugs from a smiling Mammamu [emoji202] on a very wet,damp grey Sunday x

Last edited:

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Im so pleased to hear about his care home and that he is enjoying it there - long may it last! Reading about how someone is settled and happy and that their relatives are no longer pulling out their hair always gives me a warm fuzzy feeling :D

I think you may have to allow your MIL to come round in her own time. It will take a lot of adjusting for her, but Im sure she will come round eventually - she might just be really worn out and need some time to herself for a while.

Mammamu

Jan 10, 2017
Bucks
Im so pleased to hear about his care home and that he is enjoying it there - long may it last! Reading about how someone is settled and happy and that their relatives are no longer pulling out their hair always gives me a warm fuzzy feeling :D

I think you may have to allow your MIL to come round in her own time. It will take a lot of adjusting for her, but Im sure she will come round eventually - she might just be really worn out and need some time to herself for a while.

Morning Canary,
Yes I hope you are right re MIL, but sadly she has always been a killjoy.....
She likes being ill and upset about something. It's very hard because I feel she "eating me up".
I'm better off not trying to get involved & wait for her to ask for my help, then I feel selfish for even saying & thinking it!!!
As I t's so hard to see her suffering on her own & then I feel the guilt.....
I want to include her in all we do but she is always having negative thoughts and comments,
Grrr why is life so difficult? Whatever I do,it turns out to be wrong....

Now like I said I am happy about FIL and I will focus on how he is and enjoy his new life in the "hotel"[emoji846]. Maybe I ask if they have a spear room for me, no house work, good food, free entertainment and a lovely big garden [emoji1303]

Enjoy your week keep smiling, loving and caring.....
Mammamu [emoji202]

Last edited: