Feeling Blue

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Sorry to hear that Merename. We go through a kind of grieving when we're caring for someone with dementia. And on top of that, we can be exhausted, physically and emotionally.

Your TP family are always here though, at the end of the keyboard. xx

Sent from my Moto G Play using Talking Point mobile app

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
I have days like that and it's usually because I can't see where this will all end. Life in general is unpredictable but with dementia that is doubly so. I have to acknowledge that my husband is getting a lot out of daycare in terms of company and entertainment and that has given me a breathing space.

You must be quite ruthless in finding time for yourself somehow as otherwise you will go under and that helps no one. I am currently trying to organise two weeks respite and although I honestly believe everyone is on my side I am jumping through hoops to make it happen.

Be kind to yourself and good wishes.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
Oh how I can equate to how you feel. I am hard of hearing and over the years got very used to solitude because I couldn't always hear what was going on around me and eventually got quite used to it and comfortable with it. But oh what a difference to loneliness where there is no proper conversation, and friends and family hardly visit. It makes our job as caregiver so much harder to cope with. Just wish I had some answers for us but all I can offer is the comfort, if it is a comfort, of knowing you are not alone in this and TP is one way of having company to reach out to.

JaquelineM

Jan 8, 2017
north london
Just feeling low today. Don't really know why. No major crisis. Just so sad. So alone.

Hello Merename , so sorry to hear you are feeling sad and alone , as others have already said the unpredictability of it all and at the same time the ongoing stress makes us all have days like that , I know I do , no helpful advice but hope it helps a bit that so many others are with you in spirit , hugs , xxx

Mammamu

Jan 10, 2017
Bucks
Hello Merename , so sorry to hear you are feeling sad and alone , as others have already said the unpredictability of it all and at the same time the ongoing stress makes us all have days like that , I know I do , no helpful advice but hope it helps a bit that so many others are with you in spirit , hugs , xxx

Hi Merename,
I don't have a magic wand, so sadly can't fix it....
But from experience I can say it comes and goes, without any warning ⚠️!
I find that sometimes when "nothing" is happening it hits you harder...
Try to do something for you, eat a big cake,go for a walk, run or swim, if you fancy company make a friend some lunch or go for lunch, if you rather be on your own make a sandwich go to a park,woods or the beach, (I sat in my car crying for hours last week) cry just let it all come out, if you can. We all need to vent from time to time.
This is a rollercoaster ride that is untested.....

Hugs [emoji847] Mammamu [emoji202]

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

theunknown

Apr 17, 2015
Hello merename. I feel for you - it is a lonely place to be. Hopefully the move into spring will help with people's moods. For me it makes such a difference to be able to sit in the garden with something to read, listening to the birds, etc. I'm lucky to have a peaceful garden, but even listening to the sound of passing traffic and people chatting soothes me. It's an existence away from the dementia I suppose.

Remember, much as we'd like them to, good things, good moods, good experiences, don't last forever. This means that, conversely, bad things, bad experiences can't last forever, because life doesn't work like that.

father ted

Aug 16, 2010
London
Caring can be very lonely and isolating and reading everyone's responses you know we have all been there and feel for you. Sometimes everything is bleak, hopeless and just so sad and then...... A stranger might smile at you in the supermarket or a neighbour has a friendly chat or the sun shines or the person you care for simply has a good day and suddenly everything seems to lighten. Take care and remember your unseen friends are only a few clicks away. X

MERENAME

Jun 4, 2013
scotland
Thank you all. I'm feeling a bit better today. I think I'm usually too busy lurching from semi crisis to semi crisis to feel the sadness. This disease causes so much damage and loss. There are so many odious tasks to deal with that it's hard to bring the joy sometimes.

Mammamu

Jan 10, 2017
Bucks
Thank you all. I'm feeling a bit better today. I think I'm usually too busy lurching from semi crisis to semi crisis to feel the sadness. This disease causes so much damage and loss. There are so many odious tasks to deal with that it's hard to bring the joy sometimes.

Good to hear today is better!
Sending you hugs and wishing you some smiles,sunshine & love in your day[emoji41]

Mammamu [emoji202]

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point