Love.dad.but...is no more!

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
Suddenly 2 weeks ago Dad collapsed at his nursing home, I was there with him, taken to hospital...dehydration, sepsis, kidney infection, uti, Tia. I stayed with him in hospital for 5 days but we took the decision for him to return to the NH for palliative care knowing that he would not maintain enough fluid intake for his failing kidneys. Went into a deep coma last Friday, kept pain free and comfortable but kept hanging on, stayed with him most of the time, he slipped away earlier this evening. My work and duty to my dear dad is done. He is now finally at peace and free from this wretched dementia. Thank you all TP'ers your support has been enormous. I feel all cried out but it is a relief that I don't have to battle or worry for dad any more. Hugs to everyone still battling for their loved one.

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
I am sorry to hear about your dear Dad, but it's a blessing that he's now peaceful. Wishing you strength in the days ahead x

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
sad news love.dad.but..
I'm glad your dad is now at peace
and that you are now free to drop the 'but' and simply recall you dad with love
best wishes

lynnpc

Jan 24, 2017
Isle of Wight
Thinking of you with love, your fight for your Dad is now over and I am sending you all the love and hugs I know you need at this time. xx

Mammamu

Jan 10, 2017
Bucks
Sending you hugs.
As you said Your work and duty to your dear dad is done. You have done a fantastic job! He is now finally at peace and free....
Fill your days with lovely memories, remember to look after yourself!
I will be thinking of you....

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry to read your news but am glad your dad is now at peace.

la lucia

Jul 3, 2011
I'm so sorry for your loss but finally there's peace for your father and in a different way, for you too.

I want to say thank YOU for your contributions to the site. That's how this marvellous place works isn't it? The only people who understand are those at the coal face of caring. Please take good care of you now.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
So sorry for your loss. A peaceful release for your dad, but hard times grieving ahead for you. As you say, now you can remember your love for your dad, with no buts. xx

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
I am sorry for your loss - although we all understand that the dad you loved had already been taken from you by the cursed dementia.

Please look after yourself at this difficult time.