Like a Hyperactive toddler...

Essie

Feb 11, 2015
Oh Anne that's so good to hear - as you say, positive news and I'm sure it's given you a positive feeling which is hugely beneficial for both you and Rob.

Fingers, or actually everything crossed it all continues - the move will be such a huge relief for you if they are able to sustain this level of performance and service.

And well done you for pursuing and achieving this Anne, at such a difficult time for you and after such difficult times you have done amazingly well to find and sort this new home - you're a star Anne!

Lisa74

May 27, 2011
The only thing that worked with my Granny was Lorazepam, given as a sedative. I hope you find a solution.

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
That sounds very positive Anne, thank you for the update as been wondering if it was all going ahead. What notice do you have to give at the current place? (guess it will say in the original contract)

Take care xx

Sent from my SM-T310 using Talking Point mobile app

Thank you Celia. I've actually avoided signing a contract, but it would be four Weeks. The current Care Home won't be told until we've actually removed him because I haven't wanted to risk Rob being upset by overhearing any thoughtless conversations. Some carers talk about residents in their presence as if they can't understand, and he can.So I guess it will cost me four weeks fees.

This week a friend visited as I have a nasty cold and cough , and he found Rob in a lot of pain and terribly upset with constipation again. What if Rob hadn't had a visitor?

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
How distressing for both of you. Hope you soon have a date that Rob can move.

Hope your cough and cold soon improves, its no surprise you are unwell considering all the stress you have. Take care xx

Sent from my SM-G361F using Talking Point mobile app

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
That sounds more positive Anne. Hope the move goes well and it's not too far away.

Thank you Rob..One of the good things is it he new place is much more conveniently situated for the whole family, and I won't have to drive as far. Plus, I could get there by bus if need be, which is not the case with the current place.

disi

Aug 4, 2014
Ex pat living in Sweden
Thank you Rob..One of the good things is it he new place is much more conveniently situated for the whole family, and I won't have to drive as far. Plus, I could get there by bus if need be, which is not the case with the current place.

That's really good news Anne that the new CH is nearer and even a bus could get you there. Is it more of a nursing home rather than a CH?

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Anne, I've just been reading back and I'm so sorry that you and Rob have had to experience this lack of care for so long. I'm so relieved that the new place will have a room ready soon, can't be quick enough by the sound of it. Fingers crossed that it's all you hope for and Rob soon settles in once the move has been made. xxx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
That's really good news Anne that the new CH is nearer and even a bus could get you there. Is it more of a nursing home rather than a CH?

Its both Disi. Full time nursing, mixed dementia and other forms of poorliness. They believe that makes it more homely...

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
What a time to get a fluey cold! I thought my cold was over when another one struck, the whole miserable runny nose, aches and pains, chills, loss of appetite, tiredness....The room at the new home is nearly ready, and I'm supposed to be moving some of Rob's things in by the end of the week; but don't know where I'll find the energy...

Yesterday late morning, having missed visiting Rob on Sunday because of what I thought were the last sniffles, I visited him. Just as well because although his pants had just been changed, he had a very sore bottom, which I anointed with a soothing cream I'd bought. So he was relatively comfortable when I left. But I was starting to feel fluey, so instead of the jobs I'd planned, I came home, and was forced to rest. So now I'm wide awake!

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Do hope you feel better very soon, Anne. I usually find those Lemon hot drink powders that you Sip work well. xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
You must be so run down from all the stress Anne. This is what happens.

I do hope you`ll feel much better soon.

Unfortunately these colds take their own time especially when the immune system is compromised because of stress.

RedLou

Jul 30, 2014
Aw, Anne - you poor thing. You are obviously run-down -- do rest up. I find a hot toddy of brandy/whisky with lemon, manuka honey and hot water is just as effective as over the counter remedies and much more comforting! *hug*

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
Well, I was planning to move some of Rob's things into his room at the new care home, but the room, when I went in last week, wasn't ready. And I've been waiting to hear from them, but haven't.

Meanwhile my cough and a tummy bug also laid me low, so nothing has moved forward, and I had to cancel Sunday pub lunch for Rob's birthday( his brother and sister in law were coming down for the day specially. ) Daughter in law and the grandddaughters took cupcakes and presents in to him, bless them.

Today I'm making a big effort to find some energy and will check on how he is. Am beginning to wonder if I have the energy to see a move through, especially not having heard that his room is ready.

IS THERE SUCH A THING AS A REALLY PERFECT CARE HOME.?

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
These are for you IMG_0366.JPGIMG_0365.JPG