Nursing homes

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
Bless you both sending a big cuddle xxx

Am in hospital with t every day. No great change. More tests, drips and bits of food. All experts have seen him. Great staff. Am sleep walking at this stage .

never in my wildest dreams did I think a NH couldn't cope. We live and learn....

Aisling xx

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Am in hospital with t every day. No great change. More tests, drips and bits of food. All experts have seen him. Great staff. Am sleep walking at this stage .

never in my wildest dreams did I think a NH couldn't cope. We live and learn....

Aisling xx
It does happen occasionally Aisling, unfortunately. There are others on TP whose loved ones couldn't couldn't be cared for in a nursing home. And often, like for I think it's kevinl's wife) it turns out well. I hope T can be helped. If what appears to be quite a sudden, severe deterioration in his condition (is that accurate?) is not just the natural progression of his Alzheimer's disease, then I do hope the hospital can get to the root of it quickly. xx

Sent from my Moto G Play using Talking Point mobile app

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
It does happen occasionally Aisling, unfortunately. There are others on TP whose loved ones couldn't couldn't be cared for in a nursing home. And often, like for I think it's kevinl's wife) it turns out well. I hope T can be helped. If what appears to be quite a sudden, severe deterioration in his condition (is that accurate?) is not just the natural progression of his Alzheimer's disease, then I do hope the hospital can get to the root of it quickly. xx

Sent from my Moto G Play using Talking Point mobile app

Yes, a sudden deterioration. Hospital thinks certain drugs have caused it.

Aisling xx

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
So sorry you have all this to deal with, Aisling. Hope there is something the hospital can do. xx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Mammamu

Jan 10, 2017
Bucks
Thank you for replying. I value all the support from TP. Yes it is very difficult and in my opinion we have to be realistic to accept that there comes a time when the person with Alzh needs more care and support than any one person can give. My brain is logical but my heart is in bits.

My OH is having lots of reviews and changes in medication so all up in a heap now.
Regardless of what extended family or local nosey people think or say, I have to get him the best possible care now and in the best possible place. I have to honour his trust in me when he signed POW to me years ago.

If We succeed in getting long term care, I will continue to support and care for him. When I visit will depend on what is best for him and for me. The place I hope he gets into are excellent regarding medical care, practical care, personal care etc. The food is excellent and snacks available 24/7. The ethos is a caring friendly and highly professional. They encourage activities but don't force them as they see every person as an individual.

I must confess I have become intolerant of the opinion of many people and I now give little information to anyone anymore!! TP is my constant.

To be honest, I still feel so angry about lack of support and friends becoming invisible!! This too will pass.......

Thanks a million,

Aisling xxxxx

Sorry [emoji52] you are having a hard time!
It's hard when "friends" disappears.....
Me too have had that experience, I get it I'm a boring old ..... all I talk about is my parents in law, but WHAT else can I talk about?
For the past few months it has been my life. I can't let my hair down, have some fun & relax because I have no idea what's going to happen.....
I have NEVER treated anyone the way I have been treated. But like you, I now keep myself to myself, better off in my on company in the woods with the trees & squirrels.....
You are doing a grand job and clearly are so committed to find the best possible place. I sincerely hope you find it very soon!
To be honest I had given up all hope and then the week I said no I can't do it, everything falls in to place....
Sending you hugs [emoji847] and do make sure to look after you!

Mammamu [emoji202]

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Last edited:

Alicenutter

Aug 29, 2015
Massachusetts USA
I've been away from TP for a while, but I'm praying for you and Tim like crazy right now, Aisling. I'm so sorry you have both been having such a terrible time. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
My lovely husband died in my arms on Sunday night 26thFeb just after midnght. His Funeral Mass was last Wednesday 1st March, May he Rest in Peace.

Aisling

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
thank you for letting us know Aisling
so fitting that you were holding him as you have been by his side holding his hand all through
sending sympathy and wishing you peace