Mum going downhill quick

Oscars mum

Jan 18, 2016
My mum has had continual UTI's due to diabetes and bladder weakness for a few week but now is hospital as in a week she's lost her strength in her legs and arms. We suspected a stroke but none found. The hospital want to send her home with a hoist not look carefully in to why in a week a normally independent person is now bed ridden .?

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
My mum has had continual UTI's due to diabetes and bladder weakness for a few week but now is hospital as in a week she's lost her strength in her legs and arms. We suspected a stroke but none found. The hospital want to send her home with a hoist not look carefully in to why in a week a normally independent person is now bed ridden .?

Ask loads of questions. Surly they need to investigate reasons. Sending her home with a hoist might be an easy option for them.

Aisling xx

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Loss of mobility is a symptom of dementia and any infection can progress the dementia.
If they cant find any other reason for the mobility loss then its probably down to the dementia and, yes, it can happen that quickly after an infection.

Angie1996

May 15, 2016
Somerset
This is exactly what happened to my dad, got a UTI and went to pieces rapidly from this, hope she gets the help she needs, re antibiotics etc, these infections are so so powerful!!

good luck x

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CaronL