A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
I always speak to Bernard when I drive past the crem, which is on my normal route out of our village, so we chat quite often! xx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m missing the companionship, the sharing and the closeness.

I had these even while Dhiren was in residential care but don`t have them now and the gap since I last had them is becoming bigger and bigger.

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
I`m missing the companionship, the sharing and the closeness.

I had these even while Dhiren was in residential care but don`t have them now and the gap since I last had them is becoming bigger and bigger.
I know what you mean about that gap becoming bigger and bigger Sylvia.

There was still the closeness in residential care. Still a relationship even although a changed one.

I am trying to come to terms with the feeling that it will always be like this. I remember a while ago reading that you have to learn to live around it - as you would make your way around a boulder in your path. But theory and reality are two different matters. The companionship and sharing just cannot be replaced.

Do we manage... well we try but there are times when, as Cat said we struggle. Sometimes we manage better than others. It is all we can do, try....

Thinking of you Sylvia

Love
Loo xxx

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
I too recognise how you feel Sylvia. For me the time hasn't got easier, I still face my life without the man I love; that won't go away. I do try to get on with my life, in a way that maybe we wouldn't have done together.

I miss him so much, in so many ways.

Others manage why shouldn`t I?

I think we all try to give that impression, but inside that's not the case.

Thinking of you x

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
I don't think of it as wallowing. I think of it as kind of waves on the seashore.

Sometimes the waves of grief are strong and sometimes they are weak and lap at your feet. Every so often there is a very high or spring tide and you wonder if the defences will hold.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I don't think of it as wallowing. I think of it as kind of waves on the seashore.

Sometimes the waves of grief are strong and sometimes they are weak and lap at your feet. Every so often there is a very high or spring tide and you wonder if the defences will hold.

I really .ike that description Soobee.

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool

That really does describe grief so eloquently, Soobee. x

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`ve just found this photo of Dhiren taken just a year before he died. It`s now on my phone and desktop and the first thing I see when I log on. It never fails to make me smile.

Attachments

• IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 341
Status
Not open for further replies.