annual review

malengwa

Jan 26, 2017
Ok need help here. I believe there shoukd be an annual review of mums condition. Who does that? Mum had a visit from the memory srvice yesterday but all they did was ask a load of questions then go away with see you next year. I was unable to be there but dad said there was no chance for him to say how much mum has deteriorated. Was that the review? Or should i be expecting something done by the gp? Ive the social worker coming to do needs assessment but thats different again isnt it? Im so confused and think mum isnt getting what she entitled to. Anyone help me plough through the treacle?

ElizabethAnn

Jan 4, 2014
Northumberland
Ok need help here. I believe there shoukd be an annual review of mums condition. Who does that? Mum had a visit from the memory srvice yesterday but all they did was ask a load of questions then go away with see you next year. I was unable to be there but dad said there was no chance for him to say how much mum has deteriorated. Was that the review? Or should i be expecting something done by the gp? Ive the social worker coming to do needs assessment but thats different again isnt it? Im so confused and think mum isnt getting what she entitled to. Anyone help me plough through the treacle?

Hello malengwa,
we were in a similar position a couple of years ago. To make sure I was in the loop and that all Mum (& Dad's) medical and social people had all the right information (& contact details) I wrote a detailed letter, giving the full story. I sent it to Mum and Dad's GP and the Local Authority with certified copies of the LPAs (Health & Welfare & Property & Finance).

I arranged 'phone appointments with their GP; memory consultant and social worker - from then on, I've been in "the loop" :)

rgds, Elizabeth.

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
We get annual review from SS as well as carer support and 6 monthly reviews from mental health . As OH dementia is stable at the moment we don't need any help so far . Hope this helps :)

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Selinacroft

Oct 10, 2015
Dad's had annual review from memory clinic, GP practice and SS Needs assessment. Think they all have me flagged up as trouble maker ;)

malengwa

Jan 26, 2017
Thanks for replies. Im far away and dad tends to leave me out of the loop then tell me afterwars. But he isnt very pushy and when mum says shes fine he doesnt say otherwise. She has deteriorated vastly in the past 6 months and i feel largely helpless. I will do the letter though thats a good idea. I have no idea if the gp even knows she has gone downhill such a lot and mum happily told the social worker that shes fine well with no problems or difficulties except now and then she forgets things.
She gets attendance at lower level, wondering if she would now get the higher level. She will have to self fund so i wonder if services switch off when they know you have savings. Like all of us i want to do the best i can for mum but from a distance.