heartache of love

marmarlade

Jan 26, 2015
hubby is in the last stages of dementia.he still knows who I am, but its so hard to see him just sitting there ,no movement ,some times he talks .like on Saturday all he kept saying was he couldnt stand up any more and he loved me and was going to die,I kept the tears away till I got home.I did have family with me,but all I could think of after I got home was ,is he giving up. Its so hard these visits ,but I will keep going and never let him know how upset I get,and yes I do wish he would just go to sleep and not wake up,as this isnt my hubby and im sure there are many of you in this same place ,but it still hurts.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It really is heartache marmarlade .

I remember these days so well but have no recollection how I managed them. It is as if I was on automatic pilot.

You can only do what you are doing. Visit, try to comfort, and hope.

marmarlade

Jan 26, 2015
hubby is in the last stages of dementia.he still knows who I am, but its so hard to see him just sitting there ,no movement ,some times he talks .like on Saturday all he kept saying was he couldnt stand up any more and he loved me and was going to die,I kept the tears away till I got home.I did have family with me,but all I could think of after I got home was ,is he giving up. Its so hard these visits ,but I will keep going and never let him know how upset I get,and yes I do wish he would just go to sleep and not wake up,as this isnt my hubby and im sure there are many of you in this same place ,but it still hurts.

thank you grannie g its does help to tell some one what we are going through

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Wishing you strength too, Marmalade. It's a very hard thing, watching someone you love slipping away. My William couldn't talk - hadn't been able to for several days - at that stage. But he would catch my eye and smile now and then.

dancer12

Jan 9, 2017
Mississauga
dancer123

Hi Marmarlade:

May God give you strength. All my thoughts & prayers go out to you. It is a more difficult time than can be imagined.

It's been raining here in Canada for @ a week and I can't stop thinking it's all the tears that are shed for loved ones. STAY STRONG my friend.

Many hugs from Canada

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Oh Marmalade, so very sad for you. You are very brave to stay so strong and loving for your husband, we never know what is going on in someone else's mind, let alone someone with dementia, but I'm glad he still knows you and is able to tell you he loves you. Bittersweet of course. Hugs to you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Like others Marmalade I'm wishing you strength. My husband died in July and I think I can understand what you are going through.

I'm glad you were able to share here and I hope that this has helped you in some way.

Willow Tree

Jul 6, 2016
USA
Marmalade,

Just want to add another voice to your chorus of support. We're thinking of you both and praying for peaceful release from pain, worry, and sorrow.

So sorry you're hurting,
Willow Tree

caqqufa

Jun 4, 2016
You are among friends as we have either been there or we are heading there. May God give you strength. You have my prayers. xxxx

Callandergirl

Apr 23, 2013

So sorry you are going through this Marmalade. Big warm, cuddly hugs.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alister