Medication container with combination lock

Ruth88

Jan 20, 2017
Do you know where I can get a container with a combination lock from to hold my mothers nomad box. She has carers each morning to check she takes her medication but this week has taken a dose for later in the week after the carers left

Bod

Aug 30, 2013
In the same situation, we used a lockable brief case.
Made the combination numbers the same as my phone number, carers could ring me, but father never court on!

Bod

sajimjo

Jun 18, 2013
Staffordshire
When I required something for my ex OH after he overdosed, fortunately with no problems, I bought a 'box with combination lock'. I have just searched that A...... site and they still sell a choice. The cash trays can be removed. It was very useful.

Sarah

joolzt

Apr 1, 2016
Edinburgh
Do you know where I can get a container with a combination lock from to hold my mothers nomad box. She has carers each morning to check she takes her medication but this week has taken a dose for later in the week after the carers left

I use this automatic dispenser for my mum https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003TSTTHU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

She used to forget her meds and there would sometimes be several doses left at the end of the week. Now I fill the carousel every few weeks and have it set to go off once a day at 9pm (you can set it for multiple doses a day if needed) and she knows to take the tablets when it buzzes.

It is expensive, but you may find it handy as it has a lock and key and it stops you from taking medicine at the wrong time/day as it only opens one medicine dose at a time. Maybe you could time it to go off when the carers are there, or get your mum to take the tablets when it goes off.

It buzzes and flashes at medicine time and stops when the unit is picked up and turned over to remove the tablets. If you don't pick it up then it goes on for 30mins, so if my mum is in the bathroom it will still be going when she returns to her chair.

You should read the reviews on the link to see if it is suitable for you. One reviewer had to give up on it as her PWD broke it with a knife trying to open it, but my mum got used to it in about a week and has only missed one dose of tablets in 8 months.

Maggieg

Dec 9, 2016
Fife, Scotland

I got an electronic pill dispenser for my mother. They are not cheap and some authorities will supply them to you but it's been a godsend. You load it up with the tablets, set the time to dispense. An alarm goes off and will beep for 30 mins. Until you tip it up and get the tablets. It has been the most regular my mum has had her tablets for a long time.

Peirre

Aug 26, 2015
I use this automatic dispenser for my mum https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003TSTTHU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

She used to forget her meds and there would sometimes be several doses left at the end of the week. Now I fill the carousel every few weeks and have it set to go off once a day at 9pm (you can set it for multiple doses a day if needed) and she knows to take the tablets when it buzzes.

It is expensive, but you may find it handy as it has a lock and key and it stops you from taking medicine at the wrong time/day as it only opens one medicine dose at a time. Maybe you could time it to go off when the carers are there, or get your mum to take the tablets when it goes off.
we have the Pivotell version of this machine, it was provided FOC by the OT. http://www.pivotell.co.uk