Nearly the end

Status
Not open for further replies.

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
Very sadly my darling Chris is now very near the end care home think it will be in the next few days, he is peaceful and is having morphine.
Thought I was prepared but guess you can never really be at care home with him.

lemonjuice

Jun 15, 2016
England
Very sadly my darling Chris is now very near the end care home think it will be in the next few days, he is peaceful and is having morphine.
Thought I was prepared but guess you can never really be at care home with him.

Oh, no matter how much one may think one is 'prepared' I don't suppose it's anything like it when it happens.

On morphine does sound very near, so hoping it doesn't drag out for you both.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Sorry NannyL, You have both been through so much already last month. Wish I could offer more than sympathy to you at a hard time.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh Sandi I am so so sorry to read this. All I can say is that I know what you're going through and all my thoughts are with you.

Wishing you strength and wishing Chris much deserved release from this dreadful disease.

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
It seems to be so quickly that things change to the next stage but it can feel like so long somehow when you're in it.

I hope that Chris is peaceful and send strength and hugs to you for this difficult time.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I'm so sorry to read your post sandi. Three years ago this was me and I feel it as it was yesterday.

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
I'm another who has sat in that chair, although for me, it was my Mum and not my OH, so my pain was different and probably easier.

Thinking of you and Chris and praying that things are peaceful now.

Love Maureen.x.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I'm so sorry Sandi. I don't think that we are ever fully prepared despite having already grieved for so long as the disease progresses. May Chris pass in peace. Peace and strength for you also.

XXXX

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
So sorry Chris has reached this point Sandi. Wishing you both strength and peace as you travel together to the end of the journey.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Thinking of you Sandi. I was just wondering earlier in the week how things were with you and Chris. Hope things are peaceful for you both. xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan