But oh those lonely nights .........

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Best of luck. A good thing to get it over with.
I doubt if the eye make up will remain for long though! :)

My eye make up still looked lovely when I was discharged! I had a Greek lady surgeon, and a Greek lady registrar, who both had far more exotic eye make up than me! And they looked like models. Yes, I'm feeling fragile, and yes it's sore and uncomfortable, but not on the painful Richter Scale of my tooth abscess.

I was seen bang on time by a nurse, who took all my particulars, yet again, and this time was given both a wrist bracelet and an ankle one. My lovely hairdo wasn't spoilt either, because in place of a shower cap thingy, they put a plastic sheet under my head, and then wrapped that round my hair.

The operation took about an hour, and I've been told I have a lot of stitches (dissolvable) but they are tiny. I have a straight cut from the left nostril going straight down, including the lip, and stitches inside the lip too.

I have cream to apply 3 times a day, but no dressing. However, I've constructed one myself, to wear in bed, putting gauze over the scar, and steri strips each side. In fact, I've decided to sleep on the settee, as that way, I won't disturb anything by tossing and turning, and the dressing is just to protect it.

I only had to wait about an hour after the op till I was discharged, and got a cab home, so was reunited with Billy less than 5 hours after I'd left him with my neighbour. I could have left him at home, had I known that I'd be that quick, but couldn't take the chance. A lady who was talking to me in the waiting room, at noon, told me she'd been there since 7 am! :eek:

Now for a sleep. Thank you all so much for your good wishes. Going to get my mythical cousin to make me a drink first, that I shall be sipping through a straw. :)

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Gosh that was good. Both the timing and not having to remove make up.
I had a varicose vein ligation op some years ago and put new nail varnish on my toes only to be told to remove it once I arrived inn the ward! It was nowhere near the op sites either!
I hope the pain is bearable today.:)

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Glad it's all over and you are home safe Scarlett. Hope you had a good sleep, and are still not in too much pain. xx

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Glad to know it went so well, Scarlett. Wish you a speedy recovery and hope it won't be too painful although I'm sure the stitches inside the lip will be very sore and make it difficult to eat and drink for a while. xx

Sent from my SM-T813 using Talking Point mobile app

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Thank you for the update Scarlett, we've all been worried about you. Hope the lip isn't too swollen and that it soon settles down and stops being so painful. xxxxxx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Thank you for all your kind wishes. I had an ok-ish sleep, but had a fright when I looked in the mirror this morning, as I resembled Daffy Duck. :eek: The phrase "bee sting lips" came to mind, but my upper one really looked as if the whole hive had had a go.

I've had painkillers, which have helped, and several bowls of lukewarm soup to sustain me. I shall be tying a scarf round my face, bandit style, when my groceries are delivered tomorrow, as I don't want to frighten the nice man. ;)

Gloria wanted to come over by cab, but I have stopped her, as she is so very weak, texting her, as I can only mumble. They have now decided that not only doesn't she have cancer, but she doesn't have TB either, but still has a lung clot, and must have "another sort of disease", so all medication, except Warfarin has ceased, whilst other avenues are explored. Poor, poor woman. :(

I have decided that I will not venture out to the General Public until the swelling has subsided, and the stitches have dissolved, and as it is now snowing here, and I have all my lovely DVDs (just cried through 3 episodes of Call The Midwife), there's absolutely no need for me to do so. :)

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Poor Gloria, she has been through so much for no result. Hopefully they can find out what she is suffering from soon and give her the right treatment. Hope your swelling goes down quickly and you are more comfortable.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Talking Point mobile app

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Jammies and dvds with Billy, snug as bugs in rugs! Sounds like a good plan!
I do hope they can find out what IS wrong with Gloria, and have some good news for her soon.