Christmas greetings to the recently bereaved

Spiro

Mar 11, 2012
Happy Christmas to everyone, and in particular to those who lost a loved one this year.

Christmas without Mum seems inconceivable, but life must go on. Feeling strangely peaceful; I guess grief manifests itself in many different ways. The distractions of human contact, cooking, Christmas radio and telly and maybe the internet, will, I hope, make it easier to deal with. NB. I haven't mentioned the effects of a shandy or two.:)

Thinking of you all at this time.

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
Thank you for your kind thoughts, another 1st to get passed for many of us. I am sure we all do our very best.

Two children, 5 grandchildren and a great grandson, my husband's legacy, bless him and I miss him.

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
Thank you for your post.

I lost my Mummy on Thursday night. Still feeling in shock. I'd been looking after her in total for 15 years, 6 with Alzheimer's. She's been bedbound for 3 and a half years. She died peacefully in her sleep.

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside
Thank you for your post.

I lost my Mummy on Thursday night. Still feeling in shock. I'd been looking after her in total for 15 years, 6 with Alzheimer's. She's been bedbound for 3 and a half years. She died peacefully in her sleep.

Oh Nita. I'm so sorry.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Thank you for your post.

You must indeed be in shock. Thinking of you. x

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Thank you Spiro for your thoughtfulness.

Feeling somewhat weepy just now, my younger daughter having been on the phone and suddenly for the first time (with me) shed tears as she was saying she would be lighting a candle for her Dad both at Christmas and on his birthday on New Year's day.

I think not writing a Christmas card to him nor buying him her usual thoughtful gift hit her.

I am thinking of those of us who this year have been through this difficult time and wishing peace and comfort.

With my love
Loo xxx

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Dear Nita, my deepest sympathy to you, you will indeed be in shock. May it give you some comfort that your Mummy went peacefully in her sleep.

Wishing you strength at this time.

Love
Loo xxx

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
Thank you, Loopiloo, Cat and Izzy. It is a blessing she had a peaceful death as she had had such a hard time with the joint disease she had as well as her dementia, being in pain for so long. She wasn't in pain the last days.

Her funeral isn't till 13th January which is 3 weeks away.

sistermillicent

Jan 30, 2009
Nita, a peaceful death really is a blessing - and the time between the death and the funeral is just so difficult in the most churned up and unreal sort of ways. I am sorry for your loss.
We are reduced to tears (my sisters, dad and me) frequently now, having lost mum in August, there is the carol we will never hear her sing again and the not buying her a present, and dad's card addressed only to him, the world without mum in it is unthinkable still.
Thank you for this thread Spiro, it helps. xx