Totally confused

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Today I had to have a lump removed off my shoulder, The GP who did the surgery was the Dr my husband visited with Oh, I had thought how am I going to tackle this, the Dr brought the last visit which was on Monday. I had thought of writing but decided against. I said that I could not see the point of those tests, as they could not give a true assessment in 10 mins. He said they were not ideal but often showed up issues. I said I know something is going on, but I could not speak honestly and freely in front of Mike, after further questions, he said this certainly puts a different light on things, so OH has now been referred on. Feel much better now that OH will be properly assessed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
[emoji3] Yessss!! Excellent result! William's consultant always spoke to relatives separately. He explained that people with dementia can often develop extremely good abilities in areas that help them hide their memory loss, confusion and loss of comprehension - eg, they become very good at reading body language and picking up clues from people they are closest to! And the relatives never felt free to speak openly in front of the person. So he said he couldn't get a true picture of how the person was, without speaking to both the person with dementia and the relative, separately.

Leitch

May 28, 2016
The more I think about today, I feel Hubby's GP has totally disregarded the concerns I had expressed in the letter I sent 8 months ago regarding Oh memory problems and behaviour, I spoke to my son, he also thought it was a load of rubbish. The GP came to this conclusion in 15 mins and totally ignored somebody who is with my husband 24/7. Please don't get me wrong, I would love the Dr to be right and that I am wrong

I understand your situation completely, the exact same happens with OH at this point I have given up with the GP. OH says he is fine and he appears relaxed although I am frantic so have decided to do what OH wants for now. What else can we do. It's unbearable stress dealing with the situation and fighting to be believed drains you of everything.

Beth56

Nov 14, 2016
Leitch, For months now I have woken 2-3 hours later and lain there wide awake , worrying about what may happen in the future, I felt that test was useless, and told the Doctor that someone almost brain dead could have done it ( I am not been disrespectful) I also told him that without spending time it is impossible to make a real assessment. I have been on to OH for 2 years now to try and get him to see the Dr, but he would reply "Well I know where I live don'tI) 18 months ago my Oh was driving, I was petrified that he would either kill himself or some innocent bystander. Luckily for me, he scratched a car in the car park and did not report it, so he had a letter from the please to say that they would prosecute him, he denied he had done it.Luckily it was on CCTV . They said they would not prosecute if he give up his driving licence. The police were brilliant. In the last few years he had had many near misses and scrapes. It is such a worry. I got Oh to Dr in the end because I said he should be checked incase he needed some vitamins or something

Beth56

Nov 14, 2016
I wrote a long reply to you but it refuses to accept it?