My dad Brian

CeliaThePoet

Dec 7, 2013
Buffalo, NY, USA
Oh my goodness, how terrible. You have done so well on so little information. Your poor dad tried to tell you. This disease is so awful! Why must it take communication away!

I am sending best thoughts that he is soon back at care home on pain relief and comfort measures. So sorry you are going through this harrowing time. Try to take care of yourself, as well. X

Jbob

Apr 20, 2016
Oh Angie my heart goes out to you and Brian. I hope he can go back and be comfortable as much as he can be. I'm so sorry for you both take care keep strong jess

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Am so sorry for you, it's a cruel disease. Poor man.
It's seems to have been such a rapid decline.

Last edited:

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Aw, so sorry Angie. I hope your dad can go back to the nursing home for his last days. Wishing you strength. We'll all be here, thinking of you as you go through these last days with your dad. We can't help, but we can be here, so you're not really alone. xx

Sent from my C1905 using Talking Point mobile app

70smand

Dec 4, 2011
Essex
Oh Angie,

I'm in bits for you after catching up on the last few days. I do hope you can get him back to the nursing home, where they know him and can care for him. Sending love and hugs to you and your Dad xxx

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I cant believe this Angie - such a sharp decline. The last time I read your post he was responding to the antibiotics. What a b***** this disease is
((((hugs)))))

smartieplum

Jul 29, 2014
So sorry to hear this. Take heart that his suffering is nearing an end. We never want to hear this news, we want our relative back the way they were. My heart goes out to you. I hope that you have someone you can lean on. xx

Sent from my SM-G920F using Talking Point mobile app

MollyD

Mar 27, 2016
Ireland
Angie, I'm so sorry to read this about your dad. The poor man. You have been there for him throughout. I do hope you get your wish for him to be able to be pai free and as comfortable as possible back in his NH.

Thinking of you both and sending a hug. X

Earthgirl72

Feb 2, 2016
Like Bunpoots, I have been reading your story without commenting- my Dad is also a Brian (although we are fairly new to this journey.)

I'm so sorry to read your news. Sending love and strength for the days ahead xx

Angie1996

May 15, 2016
Somerset
Just waiting for hospital to get the medical equipment ready, hopefully today! They are going to ring me later if all has gone to plan....

This time is very hard..... went through this last year with mum, here I am again [emoji20] so quick....

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

MollyD

Mar 27, 2016
Ireland
So your dad is being brought back to his NH? Oh, I do hope so for both of you.

What a harrowing year for you, Angie, keep posting. Xxx