But oh those lonely nights .........

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Can't see your whole post Scarlett, because I'm using my phone and there are issues with the app. But sometimes, this thing with daughters skips a generation - and your granddaughter obviously takes after you! <3

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
I expect the panto was a huge success, hope you enjoyed it Scarlett, especially with your granddaughter there. xxx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Amble

Jun 5, 2007
Surrey UK
You are just utterly amazing. Doing Panto as well as facing all you are facing with so much courage.
The silent cheers of John and your Parents will be the loudest. They too will be filled with joy that your granddaughter is in the audience.
I do so admire you and wish you very many blessings.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Phew! Sometimes it's just incredible what comes your way. Not only did grand-daughter come, but took zillions of photos, and 4 short video clips, so you can see me moving!

It was a sell-out, and I had to sneak one friend in like an illegal immigrant, but I had a ball. What through me most was that people wanted to have their photo taken with me!

Go on, have a laugh! Another choir rehearsal today, then a carol concert at a Care Home, and then a visit to Gloria, followed by Skype from my son.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?video_id=U8mvP-5_-cw&feature=em-upload_owner LEAN ON ME

https://www.youtube.com/edit?video_id=PYCedhahOvs&feature=em-upload_owner RUB THE LAMP

https://www.youtube.com/edit?video_id=wc-657kS3DA&feature=em-upload_owner SLEIGH RIDE

https://www.youtube.com/edit?video_id=5_FNF-SPtvw&feature=em-upload_owner A WHOLE NEW WORLD

Attachments

• Triumphant Dick!.JPG
    Triumphant Dick!.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 414
  • Just Dick.JPG
    Just Dick.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 444

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Well done Scarlett! Glad to hear you had a good time, and granddaughter enjoyed. :)

Very fetching outfit, by the way!

Mal2

Oct 14, 2014
Enfield
How wonderful Scarlett, and lovely photo's. So pleased you had such a great time, and had your grand daughter there as well. Hope you had a wonderful visit wit Gloria, (((((((((( Hugs)))))))))))) M xxx :)

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Well done Scarlett! Glad to hear you had a good time, and granddaughter enjoyed. :)

Very fetching outfit, by the way!

I never thought I'd be a principal "boy", with 70 just a few months away! Gloria a tad better, though still very weak. Her sister had to push her in a wheelchair to my car to say goodbye. Concert went well, and I can now sing "It's the most Wonderful Time of the Year", without a single tear. :)

I have 2 special rose bushes. One, J'oie de Vivre, I planted for John, and the other was planted 20 years ago, at our last home, and came with us a couple of years later, when we moved, and was for my Mum and Dad.

Imagine my amazement when I went into the garden (very warm down South), and saw a beautiful fresh bud on John's rose, and 2 on my Mum and Dad's! I don't have a smart phone, so the photos aren't very clear, but I'd like to think they enjoyed my efforts on Friday (crying now!), and this was their way of saying so.

What a sentimental ol' so-and-so I am. xxx

Attachments

• image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 479
  • image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 516

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Great photos. Your links won't open for me for some reason. I just get taken to my own YouTube channel.

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
If you're having trouble clicking on the link, just go to youtube, and type in the browser (for example) SLEIGH RIDE, and when you get a selection of different versions, look for Sandra Scarlett, and click on that.

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Well done Scarlett, just watched your three videos, how you manage to get through 'lean on me' is incredible, I was in tears watching you. You're amazing! xxxx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Two more days, 2 more concerts. I'm keeping my promise to myself, and doing as much as I can. Yesterday was for a club of mostly over 80s, today's was for adults (under 35s), with learning difficulties, and what a fantastic audience they were.

I've been there before, and it really makes you feel humble. They loved joining in Jingle Bells and Rudolph and clapped along to everything. At the end of the hour, we sang White Christmas, and we were inundated with these lovely folk, who had stayed in their seats, but now wanted to join us, with their arms round us, swaying and singing.

Definitely, a Kleenex Moment, in fact a whole boxful. Gloria managed to eat a little more yesterday and today, which was good to see. I'm collecting my friend who has had a hip replacement tomorrow, and taking her out to lunch, and then taking Gloria to hospital on Friday to have her blood levels checked, and then spending the day with her.

I've had several parcels delivered addressed to my grand-daughter, which are obviously presents from my son and family, for me, for her to wrap on Saturday. :) She texted me and said they were top secret! I have lunches and concerts next week, and I know I'm going to get through it all, a lot better than I did last year.

xx