BBC London news

Toddleo

Oct 7, 2015
Did any one see the piece on the dementia/care home crisis on the bbc london news last night? The interviewer said "do you you believe that we're on the brink of a crisis now" and the interviewee said" no, not on the brink of crisis actually we are in crisis right now" (or words to that effect)

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Did any one see the piece on the dementia/care home crisis on the bbc london news last night? The interviewer said "do you you believe that we're on the brink of a crisis now" and the interviewee said" no, not on the brink of crisis actually we are in crisis right now" (or words to that effect)

I heard it 'trailered.' I'm sorry, but this doesn't surprise me in the least. When my mum was alive we had an almighty problem trying to find somewhere suitable for her , on more than one occasion. It's one of the reasons why regulators like CQC find it hard to close poor quality homes. There are not enough alternative places around to 'pick up the custom'.

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
That's why I want to try and help my husband's Care Home to improve, instead of trying to find one that may or may not be better...

Toddleo

Oct 7, 2015
I heard it 'trailered.' I'm sorry, but this doesn't surprise me in the least. When my mum was alive we had an almighty problem trying to find somewhere suitable for her , on more than one occasion. It's one of the reasons why regulators like CQC find it hard to close poor quality homes. There are not enough alternative places around to 'pick up the custom'.

Indeed they were talking about the number of care homes which had closed over the last few years - it was very worrying.

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan