Worried about John

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Thanks for the good wishes, everyone. John and I need all your positive thoughts and prayers just now.

I've just got back after going in at 8.00 this morning. Thak Goodness for my wonderful friend and ex-neighbour, who cam and picked up Skye and took her home.

John was very wheezy today again. The GP came and said there was a definite chest infection, and he must be closely monitored for the next 48 hours. I had planned to come home for a couple of hours in the afternoon, but he was so restless I couldn't leave him. They offered me a vacant room to have a rest, but I lay down for a while on John's crash mat. It was surprisingly comfortable, and I could keep an eye on him.

I've said I'll ring at about 9.00, and if he's restless I'll go back. If not, I'll try to catch up on some sleep -- I had one hour last night.

The staff have been absolutely brilliant, couldn't do enough for me. I know they'll ring if there's any change, but it's impossible not to worry.

The GP said that MRSA doesn't usually lead to pneumonia, but it can. Very reassuring!:eek:

Love to all,

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Dear Hazel,

Hugs,thoughts,prayers,love....everything..going out to you and John from me tonight..

Keep strong.

My thoughts and my heart go out to you both tonight.

Lots of love ..gigi xx

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
I send my love to you at this very worrying time. I'm sure all of us on TP are sending you hugs and hoping that John has a better night tonight.
xxTinaT

Tina

May 19, 2006
Thinking of you both, Hazel. We made the same decision when my gramps had chest infections - no hospital. He was cared for wonderfully by the staff, and we could all come and go and stay as we pleased.

Sending you thoughts and prayers
and hugs,
Tina

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
I've rung and they say John is breathing more easily, and is sleeping, so not to come in.

I think they're just thinking of me! But they've promised to ring at any time if there are problems, and I know they will, so I'm going to go to bed and try to sleep.

Unfortunately I've just googled MRSA pneumonia, and frightened the wits out of myself.

Please everyone, prayers, positive thoughts, vibes, anything you can think of that it's not that.

I'm so scared.

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear Hazel, do hope that you get some sleep tonight.
I am sure the home will keep you fully up to date on John's condition.

and frightened the wits out of myself

Now stop that:mad:. Positive thinking only allowed.......

You are probably overtired as well Hazel, that does not help you think straight. Take a wee dram and try to get some rest.;)

Tina

May 19, 2006
Unfortunately I've just googled MRSA pneumonia, and frightened the wits out of myself.

Please everyone, prayers, positive thoughts, vibes, anything you can think of that it's not that.

I'm so scared.

Loads of vibes, prayers, cheery thoughts, caring thoughts, concerned thoughts winging their way to you both. I won't say try not to worry so much, because that's what you'll do anyway.

Try and get a little bit of rest, even if you don't sleep properly. Is there someone you could ring for a little chat if you felt like it?

The NH will call you if they think you need to come, or if there's any change. And you can always phone them for reassurance over the next few hours as well.

And stay off Google! (But I'd have done the same, so I'm not one to talk :D )

Love, Tina

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
John and I need all your positive thoughts and prayers just now

They all coming your way , positive mental attitude tell you that what your feeling in feeling scared is normal, so I wish you clarity of thoughts to perceive it like that, use all you imagination to imagine all the most positive memory of your time together with John with you & all your family , even if it make you feel tearfully, it be normal so as you fall asleep your have a restful peace full dream sleep.

I know how you like Latin so look it up clarity ( Latin claritas )

Last edited:

charleyfarley

Mar 28, 2008
surrey
Hi Hazel

Hi Hazel, hope you are sleeping as I write this and that you will feel better for it tomorrow (today) so you can carry on. You are both in my prayers. Thanks for all your help and caring for me and many others. love and best wishes x

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Hazel,

I'm really sorry to hear that John is so poorly. It sounds as though John is in the best place, particularly in the light of the advice Karen had about hospitals being dangerous places for people who are ill. :eek: :confused:

Sending you lots of love and positive thoughts.

ROSEANN

Oct 1, 2006
staffordshire
Hazel
So sorry to hear about John, everything you have asked for in the way of prayers and so forth is coming your way along with much love to you both.
Stay strong and look after youself as well.
Love Roseann

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi everyone, thanks for all your positive thoughts and prayers, they seem to have worked!:)

The sister rang me at 8.00 this morning to tell me to stop worrying, John had had a good night, and she was going to get him up for a bit.

When I got there, John was up, dressed, sitting in his chair and very alert! He's been there all day, I asked them not to put him to bed in the afternoon, his room is south facing, and the window only opens a couple of inches, for security. In the lounge, the patio doors were open, and it was much more airy. They reclined his chair fully, so he had a good nap.

He's not out of the wood yet, he's still very choked up and wheezy, but hopefully it's just a normal infection, and not MRSA.

I took a pill last night, I don't like taking them, particularly just now when I may have to drive during the night, but I was so upset I'd never have slept. I'm not going to take one tonight, hopefully I'll get a normal sleep.

Thank you all so much for the support, it means so much to me.

Love to all,