Gone

Jenn

Feb 24, 2009
Leeds
I'm really sorry Wendy, I'm just the same. I lost my Mum last week. I keep crying for no reason over silly things and it is just an awful sense of loss as you say. Even though effectively I lost my Mum over a year ago it has hit me now like a brick wall. A friend explained that it is because I'm suddenly remembering Mum as she used to be, and the dementia is receding into the background which is very true.
I'm both dreading and looking forward to the funeral - looking forward to it in the sense that at least we can give her a proper send off. I'm sure'll you manage to give your Mum the send off she deserves and you may feel a bit better for that.

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Very sorry for your loss, wishing you peace and strength. xx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Wendy C

Jan 29, 2012
West Midlands
Moms funeral is on Wednesday. I have never dreaded anything more in my life. I have just written her card for the flowers. In a way it all seems like a very bad dream, the emptiness I am feeling is awful. I cant put into words how I actually feel. I am sure there are lots of you out there feeling the same. I am going to see her tomorrow in the Chapel of Rest. Going to take a single red rose and a photo of all her family. The thing is you always think they are going to be there with you!!!!

Wendy C

Jan 29, 2012
West Midlands
I'm really sorry Wendy, I'm just the same. I lost my Mum last week. I keep crying for no reason over silly things and it is just an awful sense of loss as you say. Even though effectively I lost my Mum over a year ago it has hit me now like a brick wall. A friend explained that it is because I'm suddenly remembering Mum as she used to be, and the dementia is receding into the background which is very true.
I'm both dreading and looking forward to the funeral - looking forward to it in the sense that at least we can give her a proper send off. I'm sure'll you manage to give your Mum the send off she deserves and you may feel a bit better for that.

Thinking of you at this sad time. Its just awful this having to say goodbye. xx