The battle has ended

Harrys daughter

Jul 12, 2016
WORRIER123 jorgieporgie lavander45 rosy18 MollyD Hillybilly and anyone else im sorry if iv missed you i would like to thankyou all for your wonderful suport on tp my dad lost his battle on sat 26th Nov at 3.45am as you all know we had seen him through a dreadful week and after 3 nights of no sleep I was able to hold and kiss my dad along with our family while he slipped away from us.
This was 4 days ago and I have to say I don't feel at all like I imagined I would. ....I want him back I don't feel releaf I know it's crazy as he was in pain and terrable discomfort but I just don't want him gone. Ppl mean well but I want to scream when thay come out with well he was a good age grrrrrrr I need him back he was my best friend x

HillyBilly

Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Oh Harrys Daughter - I'm crying with you. You've been so brave and strong and caring all this time. Whatever you're feeling is natural, for you. Others can feel how they want. We all grieve in different ways.
Huge hug xxx

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hello Harry's daughter
sorry to read your news - my condolences to you and your family

of course you want him back, he is your dad and always will be - he will stay with you as you are quite literally made from him and all the years you had together - and he will be in your memory; the dad of old, who took such good care of you that you were able to take such good care of him

HillyBilly's right - be gentle with yourself and grieve in your own way

very best wishes

Lavender45

Jun 7, 2015
Liverpool
Oh Harrys Daughter I'm so very sorry. I'm glad you were able to be with your dad at the end and whilst I cannot guess exactly how you are feeling I'm still glad your dad has escaped from this dreadful disease and has found his well deserved peace.

Try to take care of yourself through the days ahead. I'm hugging you and holding your hand virtually and I'm always around if you need a listening ear. Xxx

SadScot

Jun 28, 2016
Harry's daughter I am so very sorry to hear about your dad. My dad died just over 2 weeks ago and I miss him terribly. I understand what you mean - I wish people, no matter how well meaning, would be careful what they say to me as it upsets me more... I wish you strength in the days and months ahead x

MollyD

Mar 27, 2016
Ireland
Harrys daughter, I'm so, so sorry for your loss.

You and your dad have been through a long, hard time together. I'm so pleased you were with still giving him comfort in his last moments. I do hope that you eventually find comfort in that too.

Grieve however you need to. He was your dad.

Sending a huge hug. X

Rodelinda

Jun 15, 2015
Suffolk
Very sorry for your loss - he is your dad and you've been through a lot together. Scream, shout, cry, whatever - just grieve and don't worry what others say. Sue

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
So sorry for your loss, Harry's daughter. When someone we love dies, even when we have seen them through this awful disease, we may feel some relief for them - that their suffering is over, that they are finally at peace. But you are right, it's not a relief for us. People don't think through what they are saying. We grieve so much when they are suffering - but it's not the same grief we feel when they die, and we have to deal with their loss. Thinking of you in the coming days. xx

sunray

Sep 21, 2008
East Coast of Australia
We all grieve n our own way, we all feel what we feel. Of course others will try to understand but they don't know exactly what you feel. My condolences too. I lost my Dad 15 years ago and sometimes it still hurts.