Void

banger696

Sep 17, 2015
North East
Hi All

Just thought I would pop back after my mums passing to say there is a big carer type void in my life at the moment. Very busy sorting her estate and will out although I chickened out and handed most of the admin to a solicitor like I did with dad.

Im trying to remember the good times even when she had Alz and the funny things she used to come out with and repeatedly shouting my name when she wanted a cup of tea and I was washing up dinner plates.

I learned something at her funeral that she was Miss Wolverhampton when she was 18 which my cousin remebered. Fortunately my cousin who is 75 and getting a bit forgetful helpmed me by living with me for a week and clearing out cupboards of both mum and dad which me and mum never got round to, so thanks to her for that.

Anyway hope everyone is well both carers and patients and I will pop back now and again.

Tim

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
I am just sitting here checking out various threads, waiting till I am sure mum is asleep before I go to bed. Nice to read your update. Miss Wolverhampton - well that's a big thing and just 18years old.

take care.

Rodelinda

Jun 15, 2015
Suffolk
Hi banger - I know where you're coming from. Remembering the funny things and the strange things - and the fun things - is very important. You will get there and build new things into your life but it will take time. Take care. Sue

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArthurPOA