Mementne and a rash anybody?

Caz60

Jul 24, 2014
Lancashire
My hubby has a rash on his shoulders and a little on his arms and on his back .Not anywhere else.
Has anyone had a similar reaction although the neurologist said it's not linked we are in for a long wait at the dermatologist. It's driving him crazy itching and now it's breaking out in small raw areas.The doctor gave him cream to try but told me to try coconut oil anything natural but not moving .Don't really know what else to do .He's been on Mementine 2 years on and off with irritation on the skin getting worse .Any ideas apart from stop taking it .Then what? xx

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
John has a constant itch and I use E 45 Itch Relief cream which seems to bring instant relief. His breaks out everywhere and any where.

Don't know the cause and neither does anyone else. He also gets tiny white spots.

Last edited:

Rosie7

Oct 30, 2014
Rash

Hi my father has suffered from a rash on his back and eczema on the legs for a couple of years now.It's not the meantime as he only started that 12 months ago having been on Donzepil before that.We had some really bad times with it but now manage it with a combination of zero derm ointment an eczema creme which I use on the back as well and when the itching is bad antihistamine tablet.He also has a special shower gel.All this is prescribed by his doctor.He's 83 and I suspect its an age related condition probably made worse by the effect his mixed dementia is having on his body.That's just my opinion.

Caz60

Jul 24, 2014
Lancashire
Nice to hear your info sorry your dad is a sufferer.My hubby has LBD .and is 70 ,he has had itchy skin and non stop sneezing ,but the sneezing has calmed down after2 weeks antihistamines as recommended by the neurologist.Not so the skin so will try zero skin cream as well as E45 and live in hope .thanks so much.xx

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello Caz my husband has had a red rash on his back for a long time, because it is so hot in the CH we think it could be a sweat rash as it doesn-t seem to itch.