Herbert protocol

Wozzie

Jul 12, 2016
Cheshire
After reading about the Herbert protocol and realising it wasn't implemented in our area, I got in touch with our local police.
They think it's a great idea which they're going to set up for our area !!
So pleased, I'm meeting one of our local bobbies today to chat about the process.
Maybe others may want to inform their local police ...... here's what it's all about ;)
http://blog.tunstall.com/what-is-the-herbert-protocol-and-why-is-it-important/

Georgina63

Aug 11, 2014
Well done Wozzie, I didn't realise this wasn't implemented nationwide. No one wants to contemplate a loved one going missing, but done in advance this would save such a lot of time and extra anxiety should that information be needed. Gx

Peirre

Aug 26, 2015
If your local police force seemed disinterested when you contacted them,why not contact your local AS branch or possibly the Nat'l office and see if they'll throw some weight behind prompting your local force to adopt it, or why not contact the constituency office of your local MP and bring it to their attention as I suspect they'll have the chief police officer on speed dial.

I'm quite lucky to be in the SYP area so the Herbert protocol in quite prominent, we even have the occasional visit to our memory cafes be a member of the force who gives talks and holds 1-2-1 Q&A on it

Wozzie

Jul 12, 2016
Cheshire
I had a visit from two very enthusiastic police yesterday !
We discussed many aspects of the Herbert protocol, Dan, has implemented a meeting with his big bosses next week !!
Great to know something positive is developing :D

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside
We discussed many aspects of the Herbert protocol, Dan, has implemented a meeting with his big bosses next week !!

That's great.

Georgina63

Aug 11, 2014

That's brilliant, well done Wozzie. Gx

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
In response to a recent thread here on TP, I sent an email to our community police asking if they hold a register of vulnerable adults.

I got it back, along with a message saying 'This was sent to the wrong place, please will you contact the sender' and nothing else :confused:

henfenywfach

May 23, 2013
rct
After reading about the Herbert protocol and realising it wasn't implemented in our area, I got in touch with our local police.
They think it's a great idea which they're going to set up for our area !!
So pleased, I'm meeting one of our local bobbies today to chat about the process.
Maybe others may want to inform their local police ...... here's what it's all about ;)
http://blog.tunstall.com/what-is-the-herbert-protocol-and-why-is-it-important/

Hi

For anyone in a south Wales Police area..enquire about keepsake cymru.
It's an excellent scheme where you a dedicated number to call..and a dedicated personal reference. They have important info already likes dislikes where would I go.how would I react etc...I believe this scheme has been requested by other forces. It works. .In our we have the herbet protocol in its infancy and is just starting to involve care homes or residential homes and complexes.then filtering through ...
It's all a step in the right direction.
Best wishes