Wheee! Highlight of the day

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
Kate

I hope that you had a good morning!

It is bittersweet to see them grow up. You are glad that they are independent enough to go but sad for yourself when they don't give a backwards glance even though it means you have done a really good job. :)

Make the most of your short period of rest.

Love

Mameeskye

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Oh Kate, a day of mixed joy and sadness for you!

Wonderful that your little Milly is independent enough to join in everything on her first day. You've obviously done a good job there.:)

Now just don't be tempted to fill your time with helping your mum and dad! You didn't, did you......?:)

Love,

Kate P

Jul 6, 2007
Merseyside
Hazel I can't deny that it was my first thought but my usually mild mannered hubby put hsi foot down and said "no" I had to spend that time resting... how very dull!!!

Besides this time will only be free for five or so months and then it's back to business and a full day again. I think it would be unfair to get mum used to being with me for me then to suddenly not be able to anymore.

Although I must admit at the moment she seems very unhappy to spend any time with me at all!! Dad brought her round to see me yesterday and boy was she mad about it!! Not sure what that's about but we plough on eh?

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Besides this time will only be free for five or so months and then it's back to business and a full day again.

And won't that be good!:)

If your mum doesn't want to come to you just now, it may persuade your dad that he needs more help? Hope so!:)

ClaireS

May 15, 2007
Gillingham
Birthdays

Its my Mum's 60th today - a highlight in itself but all week she's been receiving cards and opened them as she doesn't remember that she needs to save them until today, so every day this week she's thought it was her birthday. I turn up this morning with my children, cards, flowers presents and she's opened the door saying "what are they for its not my birthday!!"

:)

Claire

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
Clare :)

Mum was feeling relatively good today so they helped the hairdresser to shampoo and set her hair. It had exhausted her and when I walked in just before lunch she was looking good but sound asleep.

I sat down next to her and gently placed my hand on her leg.

She opened her eyes briefly and gave me a loevly smile before dozing off again for another half hour. When she awoke I fed her her lunch. It took us about an hour and a quarter but she ate most of it. In the last couple of weeks she has levelled again from the rapid down ward spiral.

But that smile today was special.

zoet

Feb 28, 2008
Macclesfield, Cheshire
:)Ive had a long and gruelling day trying to sort out out my dads affairs (hes had Alz for 2.5 years and just started to need more help)and after uncovering horrifying evidence of financial abuse from a "friend" I was just about done in when i got home tonight. I couldnt sleep for worry. Then I thought of coming here and talking to people who understand all about this dreadful disease, and Ive moaned on a bit and had some sympathetic helpful advice and its REALLY made me feel better. :)AND my cat hasn't pooped in my shoes today, which lets face it, is a bit of a relief!:D So, all in all, the day has ended on a good note! Thank you TP. And thank you Bert the incontinent cat!;)

Kate P

Jul 6, 2007
Merseyside
Well it's not much of a highlight but it's been SSOOOOOOO long since we had one I thought I'd put it on.

After several weeks of whining and complaining and endless discussions with health and safety bods, I finally have a fan by my desk so for the first time in weeks I'm cool and my headache is easing.

Ahhh, the joy of cold air!!!

I won't ruin my highlight with a complaint about red tape and such like but I'm sure you get the drift!

bated01

Apr 4, 2008
Coventry, England
Good day

There are indeed good days and bad days and it is the good days you need to remember when having a bad one. My Nan was taken to A&E and we were sat there quietly when she turned round and said "ooh that doctor was rather handsome" she is 88 this year!!!!! It still makes me smile! xx

ChrisH

Apr 16, 2008
Devon, England
There's a Traditional French Market in town for a few days. As I'm doing French at evening classes I had to go along to practice my very basic vocab. Felt really pleased with my first attempt as I fluently purchased a couple of nice necklaces. Feeling very confident I moved on to the olive stall and enquired about the price. The man smiled nicely then said 'Sorry, I don't speak French. My boss is French though. I'm from Greece'.!! So I practiced my one and only Greek phrase which goes (phonetically)'Pooeena tooaleta parakarlo?' (Where's the toilet please?) - and apparently got it right. He then rattled off something else which of course I couldn't understand so he translated 'I love you' - ahhh, how sweet - and it only cost me £6 worth of olives!!
Chris

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Bless you Chris.

I think if a handsome Greek (well I hope he was handsome) told me "I love you" I would be shouting it from the rooftops, not just sharing in 'Highlight of the Day':D

Well done you for trying to practise your language skills too.

ChrisH

Apr 16, 2008
Devon, England
Hi Connie
I'd give him 7/10. That was what he told me he said. For all I know it could have been "I've charged you double for the olives" - but I don't care - I prefer the 'fantasy' version!
:):)LOL
Chris

ps Yipee - I've just previewed the message and discovered I've finally worked out how to include smilies. Ah, the wonders of modern technology

weeze

Oct 4, 2006
nottingham
Slighty delayed but i found out on friday that I' having a baby girl! as i have to lovely lads it will be nice not to be so outnumbered at home soon!

ChrisH

Apr 16, 2008
Devon, England
That's great news Weeze. Congratulations. Know what you mean about being outnumbered - 2 boys myself - at least the dog's a girl:):)
Chris

sarah<3

Apr 12, 2008
Essex
highlight of the week for me (well last week), was when i was watching TV with my mum, waiting for Heroes to come on
the TV guy made an anouncement saying 'and now for the 6th episodes of heroes' and my mum went, 'what! a sick episode of Euro's? But i want to watch heroes!'
the worrying thing is she's a very healthy 40 year old :rolleyes:
xxxxxxx