Appeal for Continuing Healthcare!!

Susi T

Jan 12, 2007
Leamington Spa
Thanks for your words of support Maragarita, I have fingers and toes crossed for next Tuesday!!! I am of the opinion that not many people actually go down the appeal route, it seemed to be unheard of at Dad's assessment hospital!! I've said it before and I'll say it again, this has been my biggest learning curve ever!!!!

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
Another point is " Why do so many carers get ill" Because they are put under so much pressure, have to do so much, and also study and learn a complex system all at the same time. How many have been given a plain English guide book of their regions care,day care,NHS continuing care,what to expect from Social Services, costs etc. If this was given to us they would have to go by it,the book could be taken to meetings etc. As the system is now it allows the "proffesionals" to do what they want. When i get mobile again i intend to find out everything a get this done. ( I wonder who will panic first SS or NHS :))As it is now i think its terrible as it comes down to cost all the time and not needs)Why is regions different as well. We are all(expesive getting) UK. SS's aren't coping, NHS is also struggling and doesn't have the facilities ( limited) Care homes are in it for profit, so are agency's. Anyone any ideas how to go about this? I have some idea's but don't no how to go about it.

Susi T

Jan 12, 2007
Leamington Spa
I totally agree Chip, unfortunately I wouldn't know how to go about it, it is a joke that Continuing Healthcare does not actually use the reason for a patients dementia ie. Vascular Dementia which is mainly caused by heart problems, as an issue in assessing Continuing Healthcare!!!

Susi XXXX

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Continuing Healthcare does not actually use the reason for a patients dementia ie. Vascular Dementia which is mainly caused by heart problems, as an issue in assessing Continuing Healthcare!!!

Susi XXXX

That because they can get away with it , by saying they can get a district nurse in .

That what I've been told when I say , but my mother dietetic!

she only on medication not incline ( sp ) . As my mother got Vascular dementia from not giving herself the medication in the correct order , so Oxygen was not getting to her brain.

she was so worried about not getting an infection in her toes, from cutting them incorrectly that they could turn gangrene as that what happen to 3 of her relative , who had to have one of they legs cut of below the knee. That she never realized the in placation of not taking her medication correctly that it could give herself a dementia. which she got .

She never drank alcohol or smoke , just enjoy to many high fats foods, when younger .

Last edited: