ACE test

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
The diagnosis cut off limit for ACEiii is 82, there is also a cut off of 88 for research purposes.

A score of 65 is therefore a very clear indication of dementia, the scoring in the individual domains might help with the diagnosis. Ask the consultant/test administrator.

Sensitivity is the true positive %
Specificity is the true negative %

http://www.bgs.org.uk/powerpoint/16trg/hicks_cognitive_tests.pdf

Attachments

• 2016-11-03_153136.jpg
    2016-11-03_153136.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 1,836

optocarol

Nov 23, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
Thanks Nitram - interesting. When OH had an ACER, I researched and found similar figures. In my experience of MMSE vs ACER, I didn't think MMSE was very reliable. When OH's score was 25, I was convinced he had a problem. It seems to me that low scores definie;y indicate a problem, but moderate/borderline scores don't mean there isn't one.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
There have been several studies that conclude that the level of education can affect the MMSE score.

Casbow

Sep 3, 2013
Colchester
Often on Talking point I find it hard to understand what people mean when they use initial letters to describe what they are talking about. example. what is ACE, Sorry am I a dipstick.x

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
It's the Addenbrooke's Cognitive Examination. Like the MMSE but I think it's longer.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
The copyright to the MMSE was bought by Psychological Assessment Resources (PAR) who then started charging for it's use.

PAR then successfully argued that elements of both the original ACE and and the revised version ACER were based on the MMSE and ACEiii was introduced with these elements removed. That is why an MMSE score can no longer be obtained by a subset of the ACEiii score.

Angie1996

May 15, 2016
Somerset
My dad scored 49 out of 100 when he had this test in Jan this year, and was diagnosed with severe alzheimers, his score was at the severe end of the scale....dread to think what it would be now! :eek::eek::eek: