Suddenly very happy?

totallyconfused

Apr 18, 2016
can this happen? My mother was very anxious and nervous all the time. Last winter was tough, strong mood swings, especially in the evening.

She was put on anti depressants and reminyl but had to stop reminyl as she was sick.

In the last two months, shes like a different person-very happy, loves music, starts dancing/singing, more positive. She started the anti depressants in February and was quite stable but the last two months-she has become very happy, almost childlike sometimes. Its great but just wondering is this normal?I don't think its the anti depressants. they definitely levelled off her mods but this change recently with her being so happy might be more to do with disease?

she was offered memantine but refused. Shes doing well but usually thinks the tv is real, if we have a music dvd on, she thinks the singer is in the room, she recently said the book of stamps were family photos. These moments come and go but they are becoming more regular.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Unfortunately it seems to go in big steps, the same day my wife and I went shopping in a supermarket to her being section 2 was less than 24 hours, there is no logic in the situation, what happens just happens.
K

Mannie

Mar 13, 2014
Bracknell area
Yes we have seen this....it is a phase that can bring immense joy , so enjoy it and make the most of it, takes photos and even short videos , so that in the future you can be reminded of these lovely , heartwarming times. Share the joy and laughter out to your family, it will give them all a lift too.

totallyconfused

Apr 18, 2016
Yes we have seen this....it is a phase that can bring immense joy , so enjoy it and make the most of it, takes photos and even short videos , so that in the future you can be reminded of these lovely , heartwarming times. Share the joy and laughter out to your family, it will give them all a lift too.

She does seem very joyful. Any idea how long this should last? Hopefully another while anyway but Im not delusional about this either. Ive seen too many different elements to this disease and know it can change quickly. Its nice to see her so happy and we trying to make the most of it.