Mum's funeral tomorrow

Patricia Alice

Mar 2, 2015
I am so dreading tomorrow, saying goodbye to the most incredible mother until dementia robbed us, but saying that she still had lucid moments here and there. The night she died she was lucid and said "are you going now, Terra" She had not said this since before the dementia, it was please don't leave me.

Today I have been to the chapel of rest for the final time (every day), and stayed until it closed. I did not want to go.

Oh how my heart is aching so badly tonight.

I don't know how I will be tomorrow, I am trying to blot it out at the moment. Got my clothes ready, rang people, anything so I don't have to think about.

I would give anything to have her here and have dinner and drink thrown over me, just to have her back, but I know deep down she was spent, exhausted and just fed up with life.

So tomorrow I need to breathe and put one foot in front of the other to get through it.

Thank you all for the love and support this forum has provided for me.

God bless you all. xx

Beetroot

Aug 19, 2015
You will get through it as you have got through the difficult years. I do hope the funeral brings you some peace and comfort.

sunray

Sep 21, 2008
East Coast of Australia
I'm sorry for your loss Patricia Alice, I know how tough it will be to get through tomorrow so I am sending you a big hug. Whatever happens take a deep breath do what you have to do. I know how tough it is so just take one day at a time.

Red66

Feb 29, 2016
I hope today is going as well as can be expected. I felt the same the day before Dad's funeral, knowing that losing his body was so so hard, just seems so final. I hope you manage to find the strength within. Red x

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
I am so sorry for your loss, I hope you find peace in memories of happier days with your Mum. xxxxx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Patricia Alice

Mar 2, 2015
Thank you to each and everyone for the hugs and messages of support.

I managed to get through the funeral without too many hysterics, although I admit when they played Eva Cassidy's Somewhere over the rainbow, I cracked. The rest of the day was a blur to some extent. I hope she could hear the eulogy of her life story and hope we did her proud.

Today, the anxiousness is a little less but I feel so lost and empty.