not good enough need a cwtch

sleepingplum

Mar 1, 2015
we have been living with my fil for 3 years . I always feel inadequate and not good enough on a daily basis but this morning the nurse called for blood test and I told her I will just go up and get him she was rather snooty and said oh he is upstairs now and I said yes.she looked at me as if I had pooped in her nurses bag. the thing is like I posted before I have a 9 yo little boy who naturally wants his friends over for tea but when his grandfather would drop his pants at the drop of a hat he would also think nothing of deficating on the floor and rubing it in the furniture and curtains like he did before I don't know hat else he is capable of and its hard enough as it is.we don't just leave him up there and we bother with him all the time. I get so despondent sometimes :(:(

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
I wasnt involved with the care of my FiL at that stage which was just as well as I didn't like him. My SIL who was looking after him had two young children and frankly she place the grandfather in a care home as it was just too much. He was a self centred old rascal and it made little difference to him as long as he had a retinue of people jumping to his command.

Don't be despondent. Hold your head up. Few would cope with this.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
"...but what is a cwtch??"

The OP is either asking for a cupboard to hide in or a cuddle.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Sorry, but what is a cwtch??

It's Welsh for cuddle - widely used in Wales when speaking in English, even by English speakers, it denotes more of a squishy hug.

Just ignore snooty ignorant people - that don't understand the realities.

Last edited:

sleepingplum

Mar 1, 2015
I wasnt involved with the care of my FiL at that stage which was just as well as I didn't like him. My SIL who was looking after him had two young children and frankly she place the grandfather in a care home as it was just too much. He was a self centred old rascal and it made little difference to him as long as he had a retinue of people jumping to his command.

Don't be despondent. Hold your head up. Few would cope with this.

thank you for your reply I didn't have a lot to do with my fil even when he was well but he was a lovely man so I don't know him really so it is like nursing a stranger and unfortunately not a very nice one now he has this.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Now theres a nurse who needs dementia training :mad:
It must be very hard with a 9yr old, so please, please dont feel inadequate
(((((cwtch)))))