I felt sorry for a young doctor!

Ecognome

Aug 28, 2016
France
A week ago I suffered a bad fall and a severe bang on the head! No to the regulars its not put the gnome right!
I was ambulanced to hospital while out cold! Exrayed shoulder and head scan while I was still unconscious!
On coming round it was a bit wierd, first I panicked because people were moving their mouths and no sound was arriving, the brain started to kick in (the gnome is sometimes deaf), the next panic attack was about my partner was she ok? I probably was hysterical trying to get across she was majorly disabled and needed me! The next panic came inside why was everyone talking French? The gnome has forgotten we live in France! Between panic over my worries about my partner and total disorientation I must have become hysterical! They sedated me!
Returning to the world again I asked the time then again went into panic about my partner!
The words in English "your wife is safe and in a care home" caused a lull in my panic! Then came the panic "no please its her worst fear institution care" fighting scrambling to get out of the caged bed! My legs didn't work to support me crash! I'm on the floor with a small medical team trying to stop the gnomes exit (well sort of exit) I didn't know which way was out!
A young female doctor (she has nice legs) almost sat on me saying if you don't calm down I will sedate you again!
OK I surrender!
Getting me back in the horizontal in bed took six! Getting me half sat up took four!
Explanations of fall and bang on head bring back memories of the gnome trying to fly!
Panic why don't my legs work! Sedation!
Gnome is coming into the world again!
Please can I talk to princess! A phone is passed princess is fine just had lunch and tired so going for a nap! That sounds about right so calm down gnome!
I think 24hrs later the doctor arrives bed side!
How is the gnome? When can I get out of here!
Gnome hates hospitals! NOT YET!
She dropped the cage side of the bed with a file in her hands starts to talk of dislocated shoulder and a bang on the head! I can see in her face there is more bad news to come!
Then it dawned on me she does not have my long term medical history! What she is trying to deliver is the scan has showed up not only the recent damage by the flying lesson failed but also the tumour and the old vascular damage to my brain! Do I know this exists or is she delivering NEW bad news!
In French I told her I know of my tumour and other damage is there any new to add to the mess! I am 64 she mid moving to late twenties (newly qualified) tells me its hard for her to deliver bad news of possible long term disablement! I thanked her for realy caring! I asked could she find my personal items I wear an S.O.S necklace! I am penercilin (& dislexic can't spell) illergic in the extreme, also there is a web shortcut to my medical history!
On her return a couple hours later! First she called me a *******, yep I said got the adoption certificate to prove it! Then she said your untouchable! I told her, her obvious care of her patients would make her a good doctor! No I am not untouchable she had touched me greatly with her care! It was seconds probably when two humans come together in understanding!
SO WHEN CAN I GET OUT OF HERE!

AlsoConfused

Sep 17, 2010
You're brilliant and life-enhancing Ecognome! Who'd have thought the tale of a crisis could be so witty!

Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

Ecognome

Aug 28, 2016
France
You're brilliant and life-enhancing Ecognome! Who'd have thought the tale of a crisis could be so witty!

Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

It's because I except I have dementia!
Sue and I working on a book!
The trouble is its true! Crazy but true!

Thanks!

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
What a nightmare for you

Hoping the bruises heal quickly and you two can get back to being love birds together in your own home very soon

Gentle hugs for you both xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Ecognome

Aug 28, 2016
France
I have achieved NOTHING today!
I got up thought about life where I am where my partner is! She is in luxury compared to where we live! We love each other she reassures me tonight! So very much wants to come home!
Ah! The gnome is considered to be the equivalent of an escaped lunatic! Will they now induty of care let her come home?

I tired and go to bed for few hours with that question on my mind! 3 or 4am the gnomes mind will come alive!
4 in the morning is the gnomes worste time!
Living with ones self in loss and disability then chuck in the cement mixer my partners situation! All we want is positive support from her family! No money is there biggest interest!

AlsoConfused

Sep 17, 2010
It's sad about the lack of support from your partner's family. Maybe they'll change for the better. I hope TP friendship helps at least a bit.

Pete R

Jul 26, 2014
Staffs
I don't understand anything this is about. I am sorry .
Hope this helps........
Imagine waking up in hospital after a fall that you cannot remember having. Quite confusing and worrying for someone with full mental capacity. Now imagine it from the point of view of someone with Dementia and start at the top again.:)

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
It's because I except I have dementia!
Sue and I working on a book!
The trouble is its true! Crazy but true!

Thanks!

Looking forward to that book, Ecognome. You make your scary experience seem funny.....that's a great talent! Keep at it when you get back home...

Hope you can escape very soon...

Ecognome

Aug 28, 2016
France
I think it comes from being a big Suzie Kelly and Mark Greenside fan!

Live it, endure it, then try to laugh at it!

If not

Ecognome

Aug 28, 2016
France
Hope this helps........
Imagine waking up in hospital after a fall that you cannot remember having. Quite confusing and worrying for someone with full mental capacity. Now imagine it from the point of view of someone with Dementia and start at the top again.:)

Pete
Being at the top of a tall flight of stairs knowing your going to fall! The next you know is hospital for a few minutes that seem like an hour you remember you are partially deaf with a tumour etc! Then arrives a loverly young doctor who has results of scan, her question is do you know you have problems? By giving her a link to my past I relieved her from a not nice situation! She told me I was encouragable and untouchable, because having got back to being me I won't take things seriously! One touch of her hand with a wink solved all for her!

Now I going to join Izzy in a Gargle Blaster!

Regards and best to all!!!!!

Ecognome

Aug 28, 2016
France

Reading back up this thread may make things clearer, on the other hand it may cause so much confusion that more Gargle Blasters are required.

"Required" they are compulsory! Necessity! Invaluable! But my Gargle Blasters may be different from what you think!
Proverbs 13: 4 & 5

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tori_75